PIAA championships Nov 27-28

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

PIAA championships Nov 27-28

Post by knowitall »

That’s two weeks earlier than normal. The season started two weeks late.
MikeFLN
Freshman
Freshman

Re: PIAA championships Nov 27-28

Post by MikeFLN »

Yeah and your point? We all knew this was how the season was going to work. Be happy that we are getting a season.
PAgridder2011
Freshman
Freshman

Post by PAgridder2011 »

Single A District 6 Championship will have to be played the weekend of November 13th. That's the same weekend that Guilfoyle is scheduled to play Penn Cambria in the LHAC final week.

At most there will be four team play-off in which Guilfoyle will only play 8 games because they would have to have have the semi's on Nov 6/7 (the week they are scheduled to play Johnstown). If they use a point system and Guilfoyle loses a second game to say Bedford, things would get real interesting if D6 sticks with a point system to select the four teams. You've got to think Homer and Portage are strong candidates to win at least 7 of 8.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Overheard earlier today, that a BGU player was ruled ineligible to have played last Fri. against FH, and the Rangers were awarded a forfeit win. Would anyone have concrete knowledge that this was true?
It ain't over until it's over.
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

I don't know anything further, but the FH athletic pages does now show a 2-0 win, so seems legit. But I have no idea why and am not an insider (hence my handle).
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

No details available but yes BG was forced to forfeit for using an ineligible player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

MikeFLN wrote: September 24th, 2020, 4:29 pm Yeah and your point? We all knew this was how the season was going to work. Be happy that we are getting a season.
Ha! Apparently I didn't finish my post. I knew teams had games scheduled into November. I was wondering if there was going to be District playoffs.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

It will get very interesting to see how this all plays out. D6 is to have a meeting next Thursday to finalize the district playoff format. Also throw in the fact that teams like PV and Clearfield will be heading into week 4 having played 1 game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Is there a news for state championships this year? Should be counting a blessing anytime a team gets to play a game.
coachcarter
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by coachcarter »

If BG does lose to Bedford, then a three loss season probably wont get them into a 4 team d6 single A playoff format. Richland can't afford to lose another one either, they lost the power points they got from beating BG. You can argue they would be the favorites to win the D6 A and AA titles if they get in regardless of their records.