Why so many blowouts?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Why so many blowouts?

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Does anyone else think that a part of the reason why there are so many blowouts is every team's obsession with having to run the spread/quarterback shotgun offense or some variation of it. I feel like I see more 3 and outs from teams trying to run schemes that are way too complicated for their personnel. It seems infrequent anymore to see someone run a basic I formation or the wing T and just try to grind out a win. While this style of office may have worked for a team when they had a quarterback like Adam's cecere under center presently it doesn't seem to be working out too well
I was always impressed with teams like Portage and Windber keeping their style of offense
And I do think teams like Richland have done an outstanding job of running the spread
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Why so many blowouts?

Post by knowitall »

I just think there are a lot of bad teams
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Its because everyone wants to be the next offensive mastermind and score 50 or more a game. Its a trickle down thing. College football is 95 to 99 percent spread so high school jumped on the bandwagon. No matter what you have to have the right players a lot of teams don't in my opinion. Thats why watching Southern Columbia is a thing of beauty. They have the athletes to run the spread but they stick to the old wing T and dominate.
Slippery95
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Slippery95 »

Enzo..................I agree a million times over!!!!!!

One of the greatest assets a coach can have is understanding his personnel. Asking a kid to do something that he can not do is unfair.

An elephant is a very valuable thing to have.......but ask it to climb a tree and its useless!!!