ICC Week 5

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
ICCFan
Sophomore
Sophomore

ICC Week 5

Post by ICCFan »

ICC WEEK 5

Current record 20-4. Interesting week ahead with two very good matchups although the one I was looking forward to as the “Game of the Week” is now off due to a virus outbreak at Southern Huntingdon.

Mt. Union at Everett – Trojans are 2-1 after an opening week loss. Everett is struggling having given over 120 points in the last two games. Mt. Union moves to 3-1 with what should be a relatively easy road win over a struggling opponent. Mt. Union 38 Everett 6.

Bellwood at West Branch – The Branch is just 1-3 and were whipped up on at Southern Huntingdon last week. The Wood is looking like an undefeated ICC season is within their grasp as they don’t play either Tussey or Southern this year. Bellwood should do whatever they want in this one and Mallon will continue his big season (over 500 rushing yards to date) Bellwood 56 West Branch 2.

Glendale at Mo Valley – Glendale catches a break in an otherwise tough start to their 2020 schedule. Although this is a rivalry and record-wise looks like it could be close, it won’t be. Glendale is better than their record indicates and Mo Valley is just plain very young and inexperienced. Glendale 40 Mo Valley 7.

Williamsburg at Claysburg – This is an interesting rivalry game being played this week. Williamsburg is improved and I thought Claysburg would show more mettle but they’ve tailed off significantly since TM came from way behind to beat them in Week 2. Signs point to Williamsburg but, in the battle of the burg’s I’m going with the home team to show some fight and pull out a thriller. Claysburg 22 Williamsburg 20.

Tussey Mt. at North Star – Not sure if this is being played Friday or Saturday but it’s a last second matchup as a result of a shutdown at Southern Huntingdon. Would’ve rather seen the Titans travel to Westmont (Forest Hills is also ‘down’ this week) and test themselves a little bit. Oh wait, the mighty LHAC won’t play outside the conference (till the playoffs that is! 😉 ) Tussey Mountain 48 North Star 6.

Game of the Week

Juniata Valley at Northern Bedford – This becomes the prime matchup with SH-TM game being shut down. Valley has come back with vengeance the last two weeks after a stunning upset loss at Williamsburg in week 2. I would certainly consider them all the way back if they could pull off a big one this week. Gabe Brower has over 500 All-purpose yards and leads the Hornets. Dalton Smith is averaging an eye popping 10+ yards per carry this year for the Panthers. Valley will make this interesting for awhile but the Panthers are coming on strong after their opening week loss to Bellwood. Northern pulls away in the second half and Smith goes for 150+. Too many weapons for the Hornets to swat down. Northern Bedford 34 Juniata Valley 14.