ICC Week 8

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
ICCFan
Sophomore
Sophomore

ICC Week 8

Post by ICCFan »

ICC WEEK 8

Current record 32-8. A rare down 3-3 week last week has put me down to a subpar 75% rate for the season. 3 teams are now down due to the Virus. Claysburg has joined Mt. Union and Southern Huntingdon on the sidelines. It’s uncertain whether any of those three will see any more action this year or not. Mt. Union bounced back from an opening game loss to Southern and sits at 3-1 while Southern is 4-0, was the surprise team of the league, and we may never find out how good this squad really was (or wasn’t). On to the teams who are playing.

Juniata Valley at Portage – The battle of the green teams takes place in Portage Friday night. This should be an interesting matchup. Portage is the #3 team in the WestPAC this year and played two very strong squads (Berlin and Windber) tough for a half before succumbing. Valley can compete and is just as battle tested—they took NBC into a toss up second half—and have been in close games. While I would love to take the Green Hornets my head says the smart bet would be on the Green Mustangs. Portage 31 Juniata Valley 30 in a thriller!

Williamsburg at Homer Center – The tricky thing here is determining how these two league’s stack up. I am probably biased but I think the ICC is vastly superior and despite the Pirates being a middle of the pack type ICC team, I think they have a shot in this game. The Pirates are a very confident group right now and this game will be tight. Based on home field advantage and a big play passing game that the Wildcats boast I’ll give the nod to HC. Homer Center 28 Williamsburg 22.

Curwensville at West Branch – A preview of coming events as the Golden Tide join the ICC as a full fledged member in 2021. West Branch has been competitive and Curwensville has struggled. Take the Warriors at home in a renewal of this rivalry. West Branch 32 Curwensville 8.

Everett at Mo Valley – Two weeks ago I would’ve taken Everett in this game. They just seemed to have a little more pep at that time than the Black Knights but that’s all changed. Everett has sat idle and Mo Valley got an encouraging win last week over Heritage Conference foe United. Mo Valley 24 Everett 13.

GAME(S) of the WEEK

Richland at Bellwood – One constant in the B-A program as the torch has been passed from John Hayes to Nick Lovrich is that the Blue Devils are always prepared for what might appear to be an insurmountable task. Remember last November? Bellwood at Ligonier? Near upset. Richland has a very strong AA level team and undoubtedly has the edge in the skill positions but don’t undervalue the Blue Devils line play, toughness and as I’ve said, preparedness. Another thriller – Richland 28 Bellwood 27.

Northern Bedford vs Tussey Mt. – This should be a fun game. Two rivals playing for all the District 5 marbles on the turf at Hollidaysburg. Site advantage goes to NBC and their overall team speed edge. Tussey has the strength in the trenches. Can the Titans run consistently and pile up some big point on the Panthers? Can Northern run the ball on the Titans and if not rely solely on the pass to generate some points. I think it takes 30+ points to win this game and barring the NBC getting the virus, the turnover virus that is, I see them prevailing in a reversal from last year. NBC 34 Tussey Mt. 26.

League Rankings after 7 weeks

1. Bellwood
2. NBC
3. Tussey Mt.
4. S. Huntingdon
5. Juniata Valley
6. Williamsburg
7. Mt. Union
8. West Branch
9. Glendale
10. Claysburg
11. Mo Valley