ICC Week 9

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
ICCFan
Sophomore
Sophomore

ICC Week 9

Post by ICCFan »

ICC WEEK 9

Current record 37-9. ICC teams are limping to the finish line as Mo Valley, Everett and Glendale appear done for the season. Southern Huntingdon, trying to get restarted, gets the whammy again as Somerset cancels a scheduled Monday night game on them.

Juniata Valley at Homer Center – 6-A Semifinal. This should be a good game and really could go either way. JV seems to have momentum, Homer Center has the home field advantage. I’ll go with the Hornets of the ICC in a close one here. JV 26 HC 22.

Williamsburg at Mount Union – Williamsburg has had a nice season and Mt. Union is playing their first game in about a month. Go with the team that’s been playing in a fairly even matchup, talent-wise.
Williamsburg 26 Mount Union 14.

Bishop Carroll at West Branch – West Branch continues their late season winning streak. West Branch 30 Bishop Carroll 12.

Tussey Mt. at Johnstown – Pre-District championship game I would have gone with Tussey in this game. The Titans put their hearts and souls into last weeks rivalry and championship game and I think it’s going to be a tough bounce back for them. They’ve shown zero pass offense. This is a bad spot for the Titans and not knowing the psychie of the Trojans I’m going to pick what many will feel is an upset here. Johnstown 14 Tussey Mountain 7.

Redbank Valley vs Northern Bedford – Very interesting inter regional matchup of two very good small school teams. Redbank appears to have a very good defense while NB’s strength is their versatility on offense. NB needs to avoid turnovers and wear down RV with drives that keep the Bulldogs on the field. I’ll bank on NBC’s offense taking care of the football and getting the plays it needs to stay alive. Northern Bedford 21 Redbank Valley 14.

GAME OF THE WEEK

Bellwood at Tyrone – Hard to pick any other game as the Game of the Week. Both squads should have no problem getting back up after being bounced from the playoffs in their respective classifications last week. Tyrone seems a little better balanced and battle tested at this point of the season. Bellwood can win this if they can have some success in the air to compliment Mallon and the running game. In a hard fought, emotional game, Tyrone 14 Bellwood 8.
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: ICC Week 9

Post by CoffinCorner »

Ole Coffin has some family at Redbank and I think you are underestimating how talented this team has been.
Offensive line 6'2 245, 5"11 180, 5'9 250, 6'3 230, 5'9 283. Then the tight end is 6'3 260.

11 and 24 play the inside D tackles and are very disruptive.

Offensive numbers are underwhelming because they scored points defensively throughout the season and usually have been working a short field.

While this is not Farrell or Clariton, Redbank is better than anyone NBC has seen this year.
Redbank 35 NBC 7

Check the scores, dropping 21 on Redbank seems pretty unlikely.
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: ICC Week 9

Post by CoffinCorner »

Redbank seemed to handle NBC pretty well.
That defense is tough.