Richland - Southern Columbia

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Richland - Southern Columbia

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Will the game be played at Richland? I thought I saw the PIAA got rid of neutral site games for state playoffs.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Richland - Southern Columbia

Post by Manfred »

Politics being what they are, it will be played at SC. And I don't mean State College. I'd be shocked if it was at Herlinger.
It ain't over until it's over.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Bedford and Central played at a neutral site. Wasn't that a state playoff game? It won't matter where they play this one. Good season rams.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Colonel Mustard wrote: November 7th, 2020, 10:32 am Bedford and Central played at a neutral site. Wasn't that a state playoff game? It won't matter where they play this one. Good season rams.
I’m not sure if that was considered a state playoff game by the PIAA. I think once you get down to the quarterfinals that’s the PIAA tournament.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Found this tweet from a few weeks ago

@CHarlan_trib

“Teams will be allowed to hold #PIAA playoff games on their home field this season. For example, if it's the WPIAL's year to host a state football quarterfinal or semifinal, #WPIAL doesn't need to find a neutral site in the WPIAL. #HSSN”
coachcarter
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by coachcarter »

I thought that the PIAA said if the two teams were from two different sides of the state then a neutral site in between would be used. Teams from the same side would play at the home site of the team on top of the bracket.
TheAnalyst
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TheAnalyst »

I do believe Bedford/Central was a first round state playoff game. From what I understood Bedford could have hosted the game at their stadium, but in order to accommodate more fans agreed with Central to have it at Hollidaysburg.
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

coachcarter wrote: November 7th, 2020, 11:46 am I thought that the PIAA said....

Lol. There was your mistake. Bob Lombardi is really just 2 donkeys wearing a trench coat, so who knows what he'll say next.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

OutOfTheLoop wrote: November 7th, 2020, 6:59 pm
coachcarter wrote: November 7th, 2020, 11:46 am I thought that the PIAA said....

Lol. There was your mistake. Bob Lombardi is really just 2 donkeys wearing a trench coat, so who knows what he'll say next.
With the explosion of China virus cases, he'll do whatever Der Wolfenator and Eva Braun Levine tell him to do.
It ain't over until it's over.
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

Manfred wrote: November 8th, 2020, 7:01 am
OutOfTheLoop wrote: November 7th, 2020, 6:59 pm

With the explosion of China virus cases, he'll do whatever Der Wolfenator and Eva Braun Levine tell him to do.
Which is the way he likes it. As long as he keeps his title and paycheck, he's happy to lean back on his rubber spine and let others make the decisions and take the heat.