District champion to state finalist

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: District champion to state finalist

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Like I said best of the best. 96 Tyrone played Wilmington Aliquippa and Mt. Carmel. 99 Sharon Waynesburg and Mt. Carmel. 2011 Hickory Aliquippa and Lancaster Catholic. Regarding LV in 16 you could have played Steel Valley on the otherside of the bracket. Its just how it goes for public schools around here. No matter how good you are you usually run into a better team.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

EnzoLigoniere wrote: November 13th, 2020, 6:59 am I really felt that the 2016 LV team led by Colin Smith was going to states, on paper they had all the pieces of the puzzle. They just ran into a better team , so I would say luck of the draw.

However looking at BG, I can't remember who was qb on any of those teams but that line was dominant and to further that, they lost Chadbourne and it did not matter, that line was so dominant, they didn't miss a beat.
The QB was the older Chadbourne and then Josh Trybus. But Brandon (the older brother) I believe was better than Evan. The combo of Chadborne and McCloskey with Yasilitis at Fullback was pretty tough.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

What I meant was that offensive line made any skill position look really good. It was not necessarily outstanding qb play that got BG to the finals.