If you could vote on it, would you make A football into a 7 player form if it meant schools could field teams?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Big Ike
Junior
Junior

Re: If you could vote on it, would you make A football into a 7 player form if it meant schools could field teams?

Post by Big Ike »

CCDevil2012 wrote: January 14th, 2022, 9:08 am
Big Ike wrote: January 13th, 2022, 5:55 pm I vote yes! Lol but not 7. 8 man at least. I prefer 9 man. Sounds weird but the 2 man difference would make a difference with 15 man rosters. Granted you can get that. the "swingman" WR that comes in as a lineman would be less drastic with both teams facing that. "8" man football more so but with more on the field. 7 is too much open space and is too pick up game like.
The field is significantly smaller in 7 man football
Thanks! I did not actually know that. I thought it was still 100 long and 50 wide. What are the parameters? Definitely another reason 7 is too small for me, even 8. Again 9 knocks off 2 but it makes a difference fatigue, numbers wise. But no drastic change as far as fields. Lol I also stick by the kick off change but one other thought is I think some programs would come back or created, I.E. Fulton county (D5) decides to field teams with 2 of their schools being bigger than some existing football fielding teams. BUT this may mean 9 man football may have to be a Thursday night entity or Saturday night. Would more schools create a greater deficit on Officiating? Besides some city teams, in D-8, Thursday is still a viable alternative. Parents and kids just suffer through a sluggish Friday morning for the most part.