Richland at Bedford

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Richland at Bedford

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Richland (3-0) No. 3 in AA according to Maxpreps, No. 4 in AA according to PA Football News

at

Bedford (3-0) No. 2 in AAA according to Maxpreps, No. 5 in AAA according to Pa Football News

Kellen Stahl, Richland: 37-59 618 yards 8 TDs 1 INT. 99 rushing yards 2 TDs

Mercury Swaim, Bedford: 17-26 344 yards 7 TDs 1 INT. 228 rushing yards 2 TDs

Two of the best teams in the area. Two of the best QBs in the area.

Predictions?
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Richland at Bedford

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Should be a good one. I’ll be watching closely as after this week Central plays undefeated PC, Richland and Bedford the next 3 weeks. I’m leaning toward Richland in this one. I just think the Rams have more weapons this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Richland with more weapons and more speed. However, mercury swaim keeps it close
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

ME-TV will have a big audience Friday nt. No dog in the hunt, it should be a game for the ages.
It ain't over until it's over.
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Have to say coaching and qb play are a push in this match up, Brandon Bailey and Kevin Steele have been fantastic for the last several years. Stahl and Swaim can do damage in the air or on the ground.
I disagree that Richland is faster, Bedford is very quick, deceptively so.

Line play will be the factor in this one. Give the edge to Bedford and the hog mollies up front
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Richland isn't overly deep (no surprise for an AA school) and has had some injuries that has affected that depth. Take Bedford in a close one at home, with their depth, line experience, and, oh yeah, they have a lot of talent too.
Lefteyelouie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Lefteyelouie »

Great game lots of good players.

Bedford I think is the better team, I'd say they win that game more often then not.

I dont think either team is currently as good as they were last year.

Richland due to line play, and Bedford due to depth.

Bedford had opportunities tonight to win this a little more comfortably and missed them.

I think after watching, team speed probably goes to Bedford, someone earlier posted it was Richland.

It was a physical game also, watching players leave the field it looks like Richland maybe took a few more bumps then Bedford did tonight.

Stahl and Swaim both played well and were all that was expected.

Weber and Price provided Bedford with the extra O tonight to complement Swaim and the offensive battle LaRue was held in check pretty well by Bedford.

Wild ending as Richland got multiple chances in the last minutes to score. They looked to have a pick as well in the final minute that the refs overturned after discussing.. (I thought it was a pick live. But was told television showed Richland dropped it.)

Overall refs stayed pretty well out of the game and did good work. Both fan bases complained but it seemed they complained equally...
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Good football game. So few games are competitive anymore. Bedford looked bigger, stronger, faster. Richlands passing game has surprisingly struggled the last few weeks and injuries are becoming an issue. Thought the 'white-hats' calls were a little one-sided, but the back-judge evened it out with a questionable PI call on Bedford. Clock management by Richland ( and the clock operator) were questionable on the last few drives.

Again, good game. Teams both seemed to be respectful. No cheap stuff. We need more games like this.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Clock management by Bedford on their last series was horrible. Back near their own endzone with time ticking down, they threw 2 incomplete passes with an 8 point lead. Gave Richland more time at the end for a chance at some heroics. ALSO almost threw an interception and had a fumble negated which was a bad call by the refs.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Wow, great insight, but I am thinking Kevin Steele has won alot, well a whole lot more than you, but nice to see you critical of him solid post, sure Coach likes the forum gas lighting fellow coaches