Hoenstine comparison?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Hoenstine comparison?

Post by youngbuck »

Fantastic qb, seems Uber comfortable progressing through reads. Putting up great numbers. I know each player is there own person, but who would anyone compare him to from the last several years?
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Hoenstine comparison?

Post by Manfred »

Maybe the Ligonier kid of several years ago? Just asking, not looking for an argument.
It ain't over until it's over.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Manfred wrote: September 16th, 2021, 8:44 am Maybe the Ligonier kid of several years ago? Just asking, not looking for an argument.
I don’t think he is as strong of a passer as Smith but is better in the pocket/scramble game
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

CCDevil2012 wrote:
Manfred wrote: September 16th, 2021, 8:44 am Maybe the Ligonier kid of several years ago? Just asking, not looking for an argument.
I don’t think he is as strong of a passer as Smith but is better in the pocket/scramble game
I was actually going to post the opposite. I think what sets him apart is the his ability to read through his options and his accuracy. His ability to extend plays just makes him that much tougher to defend. Great kid too which makes it that much more enjoyable to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Yea he seems like the best pure passer in this area in a while. A lot of the good QB’s lately have been dual threat guys, seems like Hoenstine can drop 300+ yards and four touchdowns on you any given night without having to do much on the ground.

I think he’s a good athlete and could run more, but his arm is pretty impressive.