Cancellations?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Cancellations?

Post by footballfan1 »

Are all the teams in the area playing tomorrow evening? Has anyone heard of any cancellations?
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Cancellations?

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Heard this week that there are two local teams with 100% player vaccination numbers, supposedly one is BG, any information on this ? I know there are some college and pro teams , Ole Miss and Atlanta, that have announced 100%, was wondering about high schools?
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Doesn't mean they can't spread it, does it?
It ain't over until it's over.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Tyrone @ Huntingdon has been canceled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
footballguy99
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by footballguy99 »

Mount Union and West Branch is off

The vaccinations info is good information. I don't believe a BG player would have to quarantine all year long unless symptoms develop for that specific player. I would imagine some players maybe wish they had been vaccinated now with how things are going.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Here's my question say next year and beyond everyone on every team is vaccinated and someone still gets covid. Do we still cancel games or just live with it like the flu when players are sick with it. Not trying to start a one thing is right the other choice is wrong thread just an honest question.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Goldeneagles12 wrote: September 24th, 2021, 10:45 am Here's my question say next year and beyond everyone on every team is vaccinated and someone still gets covid. Do we still cancel games or just live with it like the flu when players are sick with it. Not trying to start a one thing is right the other choice is wrong thread just an honest question.
Vaccine patients have shown to have a much lower rate of hospitalization and less severe symptoms. So in my opinion it becomes more like the flu. Atm you are seeing cancellations and more because im sure people dont want to overload hospitals. (Avg covid patient needing hospital attention are like 95% unvaccinated)

I spend a lot of time in Idaho, you dont want to be like that state who has done little to nothing and now is in crisis care all over the state.
footballguy99
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by footballguy99 »

If you aren't sure how real this stuff is, try the following:

Call Med Express in Altoona. See how long it would take you to get in to be seen. I bet you will find out they can't take any patients and are on a pause.

Go to a store. Try to buy an at home Covid Test.

I think if a team is fully vaccinated they wouldn't have to miss any games or quarantine unless that player got sick. At that point they'd just be asked to stay home like you do if you have the flu.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

At least one local school (and I'm assuming more) is requiring that masks be worn in school and on busses, and as long as the masks are being worn, close contacts are not being quarantined. So unless many members of the team become too sick to compete at the same time, there should be no shut-down/cancellations. In other words, they are treating it like the flu, regardless of vaccination status.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

At the end of the day its more about the parents, teachers, coaches and school staff that are being protected by quarantines and higher measures. The AVG age of ICU patients and people who lost their lies to Covid has dropped significantly since the delta strain.

A student/player may not show any symptoms but if their parents/teachers/bus drivers/coaches arent vaccinated they can easily put those individuals lives at risk.

I went on a trip this summer right before delta broke out with friends, 7 - 10 of us eventually tested positive for covid (i luckily didnt) but 3-4 who ended up positive didnt take tests or quarantine at first because they had no symptoms. One friend lost their mom (unvaxxed) to covid, most likely being the person who passed it to her after the trip.

Thats why you see schools taking measures and still pushing quarantine students/teams right now. There are too many out there without the vaccine that will overrload hospitals if its allowed to spread rapidly