Cancellations?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: Cancellations?

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

knowitall wrote: October 9th, 2021, 7:21 am Reading the PIAA District 6 minutes from its last meeting I see Portage was granted 100 points for its bye week because it was able to prove that it tried to find a replacement for its game with Shade but couldn’t.

Juniata Valley was also granted 100 points for being unable to replace its scheduled game with Williamsburg.
Were those minutes approved by Ralph Cecre, D6 football chairman and Portage HS principal?
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

He abstained from the vote!

So a good question might be did Portage attempt to schedule a game it might not win?
Last edited by knowitall on October 9th, 2021, 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

funny how you have some teams like Richland willing to play on short notice, just to have a game, then teams like Portage that want to pickup that forfeit. zero effort to get a game for their kids
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

The quote in the paper from Bailey said that they weren't able to schedule a game with another 2A team. Which tells me that they likely were approached by larger schools and declined. I can't blame Richland for not wanting to play another 'big school' coming off tough games with Bedford and Central. Likewise Portage has games with larger schools Windber and Berlin coming up. Can't blame them for not wanting to add another at this point in the season.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Remember when Alliquipa was respected for playing bigger schools, glad to see in district 6 rest and picking up easy forfeit points is respected.

I am just glad Portage can get some rest and add to their collection of district titles.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Ligonier is out here dodging top teams and enzo out here calling out d6 schools and such.
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

konjo78 wrote: October 9th, 2021, 10:00 pm Ligonier is out here dodging top teams and enzo out here calling out d6 schools and such.
I'm just glad there are signs of life on this board.

To paraphrase Abraham Lincoln: We can't all be right but we could all be wrong.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

@@progress1sports: "Glendale at Juniata Valley football has been canceled for Friday. The Vikings were down to 14 healthy players again Mo Valley."
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Glendale's roster on Maxpreps has 25 names.
ExRaided
Senior
Senior

Post by ExRaided »

Just saw Farrell reached out to windber for a game this week and Windber politely declined.