Cancellations?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Re: Cancellations?

Post by Coach »

That's a bad take Enzo. Portage has Windber and Berlin coming up. It isn't their fault that teams they were supposed to play closed up shop before the season started. You want to put your kids in a good situation and Portage might view that game as a situation that isn't good for their kids right now. There are games and calls happening almost every week between teams that a lot of people don't even know are happening.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Wait... Didnt ligonier cancel their game this week? Why would they be scheduling a game against portage? Also why is Enzo getting mad at Portage when ligonier is trying to dodge serra catholic?

Talk about pot calling kettle black if thats the case that i am being presented
LVRams10
Freshman
Freshman

Post by LVRams10 »

I believe he's referring to the fact that Richland outreached to Portage about playing and they declined.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Coach wrote: October 8th, 2021, 2:35 pm That's a bad take Enzo. Portage has Windber and Berlin coming up. It isn't their fault that teams they were supposed to play closed up shop before the season started. You want to put your kids in a good situation and Portage might view that game as a situation that isn't good for their kids right now. There are games and calls happening almost every week between teams that a lot of people don't even know are happening.
I disagree, NBC stepped up and took on A CH team that was bigger and better this year, but strapped on the helmets and played. So your team played, why shouldn't Portage play?
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

konjo78 wrote: October 8th, 2021, 2:43 pm Wait... Didnt ligonier cancel their game this week? Why would they be scheduling a game against portage? Also why is Enzo getting mad at Portage when ligonier is trying to dodge serra catholic?

Talk about pot calling kettle black if thats the case that i am being presented
Portage has a healthy squad? LV does not. It was a tough decision for Rodger but had to be done, for those crying about him dodging, let's take a look at the job LV has done the last several years to make sure their JV squad could have a game on Monday night
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Coach wrote: October 8th, 2021, 2:35 pm That's a bad take Enzo. Portage has Windber and Berlin coming up. It isn't their fault that teams they were supposed to play closed up shop before the season started. You want to put your kids in a good situation and Portage might view that game as a situation that isn't good for their kids right now. There are games and calls happening almost every week between teams that a lot of people don't even know are happening.

So are you suggesting that if a situation like playing a winless single A team would have come up, they would have been more comfortable with that game than big bad Richland
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

It's Ft. Ligonier Days. It won't be missed.
It ain't over until it's over.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Richland reached out to multiple schools. They all declined to play.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I’ve done a few Ligonier games this year and the injuries are real, no doubt. And it’s all of their best players too, so they would have had to play a lot of freshmen against an undefeated team. Obviously not an ideal spot to put those kids in.

Having said that, I’m sure some would find it a bit ironic that they left the Heritage for these type of situations to be avoided against them and now they had to forfeit a game themselves.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Reading the PIAA District 6 minutes from its last meeting I see Portage was granted 100 points for its bye week because it was able to prove that it tried to find a replacement for its game with Shade but couldn’t.

Juniata Valley was also granted 100 points for being unable to replace its scheduled game with Williamsburg.