Help Wanted

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Help Wanted

Post by knowitall »

There is an ad in yesterday’s Tribune Democrat. Greater Johnstown is looking for a Head Varsity Football
Coach for the 2021-2022 school year. The deadline to apply is October 29.
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Help Wanted

Post by CoffinCorner »

follow up question; Could Tony Penna come back and get Johnstown back to where he had the program previously
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

CoffinCorner wrote: October 10th, 2021, 11:11 am follow up question; Could Tony Penna come back and get Johnstown back to where he had the program previously
Is he still employed there in any capacity?
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

OutOfTheLoop wrote: October 10th, 2021, 12:43 pm
CoffinCorner wrote: October 10th, 2021, 11:11 am follow up question; Could Tony Penna come back and get Johnstown back to where he had the program previously
Is he still employed there in any capacity?
No, they eliminated his phony job when he left. I guess he wouldn't need one this time around since the city created one for him. And he was 0-10 his last season, so not sure that he is the savior.

Anyone else bothered by the school advertising for a new coach while the season is still going? I know that the current coach is struggling, but advertising his job while he's still doing it seems to be in poor taste to me.
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

is this a salvageable situation?
or is the mindset so bad they cant improve?

just a thought but could we see Bryce Gibson or Xree lowe come back and save their program?
SPORTSGURU814
Senior
Senior

Post by SPORTSGURU814 »

CoffinCorner wrote: October 10th, 2021, 2:55 pm is this a salvageable situation?
or is the mindset so bad they cant improve?

just a thought but could we see Bryce Gibson or Xree lowe come back and save their program?
Why would they come back there they both have another year of eligibility remaining and correct me if I’m wrong I believe it’s Exree Loe nor Xree Lowe
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

Sorry about the spelling , unique name. They just jump out as alumni that would have football knowledge and be respected by school and students. Although Gibsons exploits that lead to his dismissal from Youngstown State might not help.

Can anyone name a coach that they would like to try to fix Johnstown, old or young. Has to be some names out there that would start some conversation.
SPORTSGURU814
Senior
Senior

Post by SPORTSGURU814 »

Heard the Job is even posted on indeed I think better question is who would want it that’s a train wreck over there
stownJohn
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by stownJohn »

CoffinCorner wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 1:33 pm Can anyone name a coach that they would like to try to fix Johnstown, old or young. Has to be some names out there that would start some conversation.
LaRod Stephens-Howling is the running backs coach at Robert Morris University and he at least brings name recognition because of his JHS, Pitt, and NFL credentials.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

I think the best case scenario would be getting several faculty members together and having them take over that just like the good old days. Johnstown has several of them that are more than capable. I would try to involve the basketball coach too.