Central Cambria

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
reugenev
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Central Cambria

Post by reugenev »

As posted on the other board

Yes, they were the smallest public school in the LHAC.

Now they are the third largest in the Heritage ….River Valley 166, Marion Center 165, Cambria Heights 160, Northern Cambria 156.

No doubt the LHAC is a tougher league and would prepare you more for D6 playoffs, but it’s extremely hard to build a program when you’re the smallest kid on the block and continue to take a beating. A winning season is goal #1 before a district title. If you keep taking a pounding year in and year out You run the risk of seeing your numbers drop very quickly

Congrats to Coach Myers from what I saw last night they were the better team.

As I said before if the kids liked McGregor he should have a tayed, there is more to HS football than wins and losses and he seemed to be a good fit.

The answer for football is play by classification, I’m sure CH, CC, and FH would all agree with that, but it will NEVER happen.
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Bubba Fatula is telling people that he is getting this position? CCdevil , you know any thing about that?
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

youngbuck wrote: November 16th, 2021, 10:00 am Bubba Fatula is telling people that he is getting this position? CCdevil , you know any thing about that?
Idk who has applied, but I doubt they concluded interviews 8 days after officially voting to open the position.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Would love to see who applied for this position,
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Have heard that former coaches from BC and CV have applied. No in-house applicant at this time.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

youngbuck wrote: November 19th, 2021, 10:23 am Have heard that former coaches from BC and CV have applied. No in-house applicant at this time.
I did learn that applications were accepted until 11/16, and no interviews were done before then.
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

Any updates? Latest rumor is that former BC defensive coordinator Tim Lucko, who was there in the Craig Sponsky run has the best chance?
Have also heard Rich Price former BV coach. As well as Klezeck, who was on staff.
Seems to be a new rumor every week.
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by footballfan1 »

I am hearing Tim Lucko's name also and my sources telling me he might be approved next week. Might is the keyword here. Not saying this is gospel but it is what I am hearing. It is my understanding Chuck Gironda and Kenny Buzzard are on the search committee?
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dadw/2sons »

If Lucko leaves Tussey Mountain, where do they look for their next coach?
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

footballfan1 wrote: November 29th, 2021, 10:07 pm I am hearing Tim Lucko's name also and my sources telling me he might be approved next week. Might is the keyword here. Not saying this is gospel but it is what I am hearing. It is my understanding Chuck Gironda and Kenny Buzzard are on the search committee?
I’m told interviews will begin next week and there were well over 20 applicants, haven’t heard any specific names though besides what has been said on here. So any rumor isn’t true as no one has been interviewed yet.