ICC Recap and Ramblings

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
ICCFan
Sophomore
Sophomore

ICC Recap and Ramblings

Post by ICCFan »

I've been off this board for awhile and miss doing my weekly predictions but I've been out of the area off and on all fall. Maybe next year I will resume. Nonetheless, last nights results prompted me to want to share my thoughts about several ICC issues and occurrences.

Big News is obviously the Juniataburg Willey win over Bellwood ending a long winning streak and pending ICC tiebreakers and next weeks results possibly ending the Blue Devil stranglehold on the league title. Could this co-op become the new powerhouse within the league over the next several years? I think the Hornet/Pirates may be the 6-A favorites at this point. Could this spell early exit and playoff disappointment for Bellwood after a promising start that included a win over rival Tyrone?

How about Everett finally getting a win over equally hapless Meyersdale, 9-0 last night. The Warriors woes recently have been distressing to this ICC fan. This program has always had it's ups and down but has sunk to new lows the past couple years. It's good to see them get something to keep a little bit of hope that maybe things can turn around. My understanding is they do have a very decent 7/8 grade team.

What is up at Mount Union? Am I misreading or does it seem like their Head Coach is running down their players, school, and football history with his quotes in the paper. Today's Altoona Mirror - "We haven't been able to get any better because of COVID, grades, and behavior and this seems to be the theme at Mount Union. Start out good and then everything falls apart the second half of the season" . I was very surprised that they were beaten handily and shut out by Claysburg at home last night. It doesn't get any easier as they travel to NBC next Friday. More on the Panthers in a bit.

Glendale is back on the map and that is great to see. Congrats to Coach Spank Trexler and the Vikes on their first 5-win season in awhile. I've also heard they have a great 7/8 grade group and could be in the mix in the future.

Northern Bedford. This program just keeps rolling along and producing nice teams year after year. 5-wins is a down year for the Panthers over the past 2 decades. Just when you think they lost a lot of significant players and thought they might have an off (5-win) year, they are right in the mix and have just one conference loss. They are in play also for the conference title heading into the final week and had a surprising one point win over Juniata Valley/Williamsburg two weeks ago.

Back to where I started - Juniata Valley. They have a Huntingdon County showdown with Southern next Friday that might not be easy. The Rockets surprised many with a thrashing of a highly touted Berlin squad last night on the road. Nice to see the SH program, that had been down a bit the past several years, revitalized as well in following up a covid shortened undefeated season a year ago with another nice season after a bit of a slow start. The JVW-SHC game is probably the ICC game of the week next week.

Looking forward to seeing how some of the ICC teams, particularly the top five (JV, BA, NBC, SH, Glendale) fair in the upcoming playoffs.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: ICC Recap and Ramblings

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

I haven't looked at the standings but if B-A go's out 1st or 2nd round of playoffs wouldn't be a big shocker in my opinion.
guru1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: ICC Recap and Ramblings

Post by guru1 »

If I’m not mistaken from the ICC bylaw tiebreaker rules Juniata Valley is the ICC champion this year!