First or second round playoff upset

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: First or second round playoff upset

Post by youngbuck »

reugenev wrote: November 6th, 2021, 12:35 pm Yes, they were the smallest public school in the LHAC.

Now they are the third largest in the Heritage ….River Valley 166, Marion Center 165, Cambria Heights 160, Northern Cambria 156.

No doubt the LHAC is a tougher league and would prepare you more for D6 playoffs, but it’s extremely hard to build a program when you’re the smallest kid on the block and continue to take a beating. A winning season is goal #1 before a district title. If you keep taking a pounding year in and year out You run the risk of seeing your numbers drop very quickly

Congrats to Coach Myers from what I saw last night they were the better team.

As I said before if the kids liked McGregor he should have a tayed, there is more to HS football than wins and losses and he seemed to be a good fit.

The answer for football is play by classification, I’m sure CH, CC, and FH would all agree with that, but it will NEVER happen.
Don Bailey won his last district title while playing up a classification from what his actual enrollment was
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: First or second round playoff upset

Post by Manfred »

For years on here, there were those who insisted Don 'forced' kids to go to Vo-Tech just so FH could stay under a classification threshold. =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
It ain't over until it's over.