First or second round playoff upset

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: First or second round playoff upset

Post by CCDevil2012 »

EnzoLigoniere wrote: November 3rd, 2021, 9:06 pm
Manfred wrote: November 1st, 2021, 4:26 pm They are 5-5. Should have been 8-2. Have you missed several reports about 3 losses by a total of 16 points? Should've beat CC, BG, and Westy. Fatal mistakes at the worst times spelled losses. Dominated PC. Out scrimmaged Richland.

Wow, they dominated a scrimmage, that is why they will win the district? They couldn't beat subpar CC or Westmont. CH might have lost last week, but they are not going to be the cakewalk the Rangers had in their last game. Is there qb all of the sudden going to become Cecere, or is Burda going to be John Long,? If Hobbs Dill plays for CC, they beat the Rangers by 21.
Dill did play in that game, 218 yards on 17 carries and a pick 6 on defense. But Heights will not be able to stop Crawley, I’m not sure any team has kept him under 100 yards rushing this season, I’d guess he breaks the 225 mark
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

EnzoLigoniere wrote: November 3rd, 2021, 9:06 pm
Manfred wrote: November 1st, 2021, 4:26 pm They are 5-5. Should have been 8-2. Have you missed several reports about 3 losses by a total of 16 points? Should've beat CC, BG, and Westy. Fatal mistakes at the worst times spelled losses. Dominated PC. Out scrimmaged Richland.

Wow, they dominated a scrimmage, that is why they will win the district? They couldn't beat subpar CC or Westmont. CH might have lost last week, but they are not going to be the cakewalk the Rangers had in their last game. Is there qb all of the sudden going to become Cecere, or is Burda going to be John Long,? If Hobbs Dill plays for CC, they beat the Rangers by 21.
Twit. YOU asked for quality wins against, NOT who will win the District. Don't put words in other people's mouths. I said the Rangers are good enough to beat CH. And get to the title game. NOT that they would win it. Hobbs Dill's performance is the reason FH lost to CC. L-)
It ain't over until it's over.
GrapeApe
Senior
Senior

Post by GrapeApe »

According to Born Power Index

AA
CH -1.5 vs FH
BEA -3.5 @ RV
Rich -42 vs SH
BA -6.5 vs PV

AAA
Central -40.5 vs WH
PC -4.5 vs Tyrone
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

#1 seed falls to #8 seed. Can you say it loud enough: CH was OVER Rated, and would have been maybe 4-6 in the LHAC? CC and Westy were better teams, IMHO.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Westmont was rolled by Bishop McCort last week.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

knowitall wrote: November 6th, 2021, 11:11 am Westmont was rolled by Bishop McCort last week.
Westmont was able to score on and beat Forest Hills…
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

CCDevil2012 wrote: November 6th, 2021, 11:49 am
knowitall wrote: November 6th, 2021, 11:11 am Westmont was rolled by Bishop McCort last week.
Westmont was able to score on and beat Forest Hills…
My point exactly!
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

So in other words CH made the proper move?
reugenev
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by reugenev »

Yes, they were the smallest public school in the LHAC.

Now they are the third largest in the Heritage ….River Valley 166, Marion Center 165, Cambria Heights 160, Northern Cambria 156.

No doubt the LHAC is a tougher league and would prepare you more for D6 playoffs, but it’s extremely hard to build a program when you’re the smallest kid on the block and continue to take a beating. A winning season is goal #1 before a district title. If you keep taking a pounding year in and year out You run the risk of seeing your numbers drop very quickly

Congrats to Coach Myers from what I saw last night they were the better team.

As I said before if the kids liked McGregor he should have a tayed, there is more to HS football than wins and losses and he seemed to be a good fit.

The answer for football is play by classification, I’m sure CH, CC, and FH would all agree with that, but it will NEVER happen.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

It won’t happen. Nor should it. The WPIAL does it. It’s not necessary.