Defensive Strategy question

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Defensive Strategy question

Post by youngbuck »

There are alot of football minds on here. I would love to see a discussion of how Richland can stop Crawley. What is the strategy that you would use against this running attack. What defensive front would you employ. He has been one of the most impressive running backs that district 6 has ever seen. What would work?
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Defensive Strategy question

Post by Manfred »

Land mines?
It ain't over until it's over.
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Has there been a single time you have ever had a single knowledgeable post about football?
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by footballfan1 »

My question is how many yards rushing did he have the first time against Richland and what was that score?
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by footballfan1 »

I just remembered that they scrimmaged week one so there was no game my bad on that one.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

FH gave Richland all they wanted in the scrimmage. There, Bucky. Happy now? BTW, if you don't like what I post, put me on 'ignore'. Very easy. There's plenty of room there for you as well.
It ain't over until it's over.
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 223113 »

Land mines could work.

But, they may try sneaking a 12th defender on the field in key situations. Risking a 5 yd penalty may be preferable to a 50+ yd run.

Or, is there no room for humor on this site?

If they load up against Crawley, FH does have a few other athletes on offense. I didn't see the BEA game, but I did see the CH game, and FH used deception very effectively, especially in the early part of the game. Then, Crawley just broke loose. I think Richland can only try to limit him, but won't stop him significantly. If he gets past the linebackers,...voom, his acceleration/power are crazy. Like trying to catch the wind.

Not mentioned by many, is how much the FH Defense has improved as the season has gone on. What they held CH, and BEA to, was impressive.
Ought to be a great game.
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by footballfan1 »

I have been comparing scores and I am going to give the edge to Richland without seeing either team play. Crawley may get his yards, but I see Richland winning by at least 3 TD's. Just my opinion. The scrimmage may have been somewhat competitive, however, I see Richland taking an issue with people projecting and asking if Richlands defense can contain him. Richlands defense is pretty good also. Richland 35- FH 14.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

I think movement and confusion would be the game plan. Crawley is good and makes the line look above average, not a great line that makes an average back look great. Switching looks, not going consistently heavy package. 4 -4 or 3-5 with alot of fake blitzing. LaRue locks up Burkett.

The Richland offense is the best defense, look how bad FH looked against Central. They will struggle against Stahl and his dual threat abilities
Hangman
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Hangman »

Stahl, LaRue and Lewis should get theirs against the Forest Hills defense. Richland, unlike FH, not being a one man show will pay off. Crawley will get his yards… but he can’t beat a team the caliber of Richland by himself.