Defensive Strategy question

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Capnweird
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: Defensive Strategy question

Post by Capnweird »

I have not seen FH play this year, and have limited exposure to Richland. But, I would lock up my athletes one on one in man coverage if I were Richland, Their skill guys are very talented and I am guessing they will be able to negate at least big gains in the passing game. That would leave 8 in the box to stop the run, maybe even 9 depending on offensive formations. Each player has a single gap responsibility with a free man to spy Crawly and just shadow him.

May seem too simple, but again I haven'e seen much from these two teams.
Last edited by Capnweird on November 13th, 2021, 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

EnzoLigoniere wrote: November 13th, 2021, 3:37 pm I think movement and confusion would be the game plan. Crawley is good and makes the line look above average, not a great line that makes an average back look great. Switching looks, not going consistently heavy package. 4 -4 or 3-5 with alot of fake blitzing. LaRue locks up Burkett.

The Richland offense is the best defense, look how bad FH looked against Central. They will struggle against Stahl and his dual threat abilities
Why would Larue 'lock up' one of our interior linemen? L-)
It ain't over until it's over.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Haven't seen him play but Crawley sounds like Dudukovich sry if spelled wrong and Jesse Jones. All you can really do is slow them down they are still gonna get there yards. You can just hope to build a lead before they get going.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Richland by 2+ scores

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Manfred wrote: November 13th, 2021, 7:03 pm
EnzoLigoniere wrote: November 13th, 2021, 3:37 pm I think movement and confusion would be the game plan. Crawley is good and makes the line look above average, not a great line that makes an average back look great. Switching looks, not going consistently heavy package. 4 -4 or 3-5 with alot of fake blitzing. LaRue locks up Burkett.

The Richland offense is the best defense, look how bad FH looked against Central. They will struggle against Stahl and his dual threat abilities
Why would Larue 'lock up' one of our interior linemen? L-)
meant burda.
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by footballfan1 »

How many yards did Crawley have when it counted?
Hangman
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Hangman »

footballfan1 wrote: November 19th, 2021, 9:32 pm How many yards did Crawley have when it counted?
Not many. Richland kept him bottled up all night. Richland being a great team, FH being a one man show, and Tim Ripple being an excellent DC were all undoubtedly factors in this.
Lefteyelouie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Lefteyelouie »

Hes a great back has great vision. I think to stop him or atleast contain him you need to play disciplined gap control defense. He is a great cutback runner. It's imperative to stay in your gap, pursue and wait for him to come back to you. He's gonna get his yards. But limit the big plays by being disciplined. Make him work for every yard. He can get worn down and discouraged if you play physical and make it a grind.
coachcarter
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by coachcarter »

Mastovich from the TD made mention on an interview with one of the Richland players on twitter that they held him under 100 yards.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Hangman wrote: November 19th, 2021, 11:40 pm
footballfan1 wrote: November 19th, 2021, 9:32 pm How many yards did Crawley have when it counted?
Not many. Richland kept him bottled up all night. Richland being a great team, FH being a one man show, and Tim Ripple being an excellent DC were all undoubtedly factors in this.

One man show. There seems like there is some talent on the Ranger roster, but very little development over the season.