Post by Manfred »

A case of the lesser of 2 evils?
It ain't over until it's over.
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Single A title game

Post by dadw/2sons »

CC is right. Juniata Valley is not your typical public school. They have that past experience with the girl's basketball in which outside players transferred in to the their program. Also, this year's football team is a combination of 2 A schools. So it isn't as simple who to root for. I hope that the ICC combined school of JunniataBurg wins the District 6 A championship.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

I can't believe that the PIAA is giving home games in the quarterfinal round. Around half of the games are being played on home fields. Has that always been the case?
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

This hurts the overall crowd numbers. Watching a game at Hollidaysburg or Mansion is a goo
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

dadw/2sons wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 11:34 am CC is right. Juniata Valley is not your typical public school. They have that past experience with the girl's basketball in which outside players transferred in to the their program. Also, this year's football team is a combination of 2 A schools. So it isn't as simple who to root for. I hope that the ICC combined school of JunniataBurg wins the District 6 A championship.
Exactly like you said it's not that easy
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Colonel Mustard wrote:I can't believe that the PIAA is giving home games in the quarterfinal round. Around half of the games are being played on home fields. Has that always been the case?
Yeah stinks I’ll be making a 2 hour+ trip to Slippery Rock Friday night while Grove City is literally 15 mins away. But hey control what you can control right? Win and enjoy the ride home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

DragonsDoExist wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 4:44 pm
Colonel Mustard wrote:I can't believe that the PIAA is giving home games in the quarterfinal round. Around half of the games are being played on home fields. Has that always been the case?
Yeah stinks I’ll be making a 2 hour+ trip to Slippery Rock Friday night while Grove City is literally 15 mins away. But hey control what you can control right? Win and enjoy the ride home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats the way it was when we beat Sharon there a number of years ago. Their backyard, same venue.
It ain't over until it's over.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

My guess is it’s easier to get a chain gang, announcers, concession workers, etc. when you play at someone’s home field.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Yea, they switched to doing home games last year because of COVID for that reason in terms of availability of game staff. Limit the amount of schools involved etc.

But throughout the years, the first round has always been one district gets to host, and the other one usually has a long journey. Then in that state semifinal round they'll find something closer. But generally speaking, plenty of District 6 teams have played state playoff games at Mansion Park through the years, while the opponent is traveling 2+ hours. So if Central wins next year, I'd imagine the D10 team will play them at Mansion Park.