2A and 1A State Playoffs

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

2A and 1A State Playoffs

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

AA
Farrell (10-0) at Karns City (11-1) Friday 7:00 p.m.
Beaver Falls (9-3) vs. Serra Catholic (12-1) AT Heinz Field Friday 5:00 p.m.
Northern Lehigh (10-3) vs. West Catholic (4-7) AT Whitehall Friday 6:00 p.m.
Richland (11-2) at Southern Columbia (12-1) Friday 7:00 p.m.

A
OLSH (9-3) vs. Bishop Canevin (12-1) AT Heinz Field Friday 2:00 p.m.
Northern Bedford (9-3) vs. Redbank Valley (10-1) AT Clarion Univ. Friday 7:00 p.m.
Juniata Valley (10-1) vs. Bishop Guilfoyle (8-4) AT Mansion Park Friday 7:00 p.m.
Canton (12-0) vs. Old Forge (11-0) AT Danville HS Saturday 1:00 p.m
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: 2A and 1A State Playoffs

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I don't think Southern Columbia is AS GOOD as they normally are, but that's still a tough draw for Richland. I kind of expect So. Columbia/Farrell in Hershey.

Obviously a D5 vs. D6 game in Single-A would be really cool, hopefully that can happen.
Hangman
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Hangman »

While I do not believe this is the best Richland team that has gone up against SoCo the last three seasons… I do believe it’s their best chance to knock them off due to it being the weakest SoCo team.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Like the BC team that made the state title, just had the right western final that year.

Griffin LaRue > Caleb Burke ?
Stahl has improved every year. This is the best version of him. Should be TD player of the year
Hangman
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Hangman »

EnzoLigoniere wrote: November 23rd, 2021, 1:30 pm Like the BC team that made the state title, just had the right western final that year.

Griffin LaRue > Caleb Burke ?
Stahl has improved every year. This is the best version of him. Should be TD player of the year
Think Grayden Lewis could be a real X factor too. Tough for a defense to take away LaRue and Lewis. Would like to see them try and use the speed of Lewis on the edge and outside. Injures at RB could limit the ability to do that quite as much, however, unless we’d see them do as they have at time with Brock Baitche lining up beside Stahl simply to block.
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by footballfan1 »

I've been following SCA pretty much all season and have watched their last two playoff games on the internet and they might not have the firepower they've had the last 3 or 4 years but they still have some dudes that have some pretty good statistics. They play a schedule that's very competitive the play some bigger schools and they did have their consecutive winning streak snapped earlier in the season . However they're still pretty good football team and I think they'll get to Hershey and even win it and I'm going to say Southern Columbia by three touchdowns Friday night although I would like to see Richland win
Jumptwoone
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Jumptwoone »

Southern Columbia is a machine..............almost as tough at Bert "The Machine" Kreischer. They will win yet another state title! Unfortunately for Richland their season will end in a couple days. I wish I was wrong, but Southern Columbia is just too good!

Their third best running back is better than anyone who will run the ball for Richland.

Southern should win by 3 scores when the dust settles.
Hangman
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Hangman »

Three out of six writers in the Trib picked Richland today
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Homers. What'd you expect?