PIAA Classification Craziness....Coming Soon!

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
davesandstorm
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: PIAA Classification Craziness....Coming Soon!

Post by davesandstorm » November 24th, 2021, 3:16 pm

Mount Union and Southern Huntingdon would both probably drop to A under this system.

costanza
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by costanza » November 24th, 2021, 3:49 pm

Those parameters were released almost a month ago, but I have heard a few local AD'S talking about this change since that time. It sounded like some were going back to the PIAA to see about their numbers being adjusted. Wouldn't this then affect the 138 cut off for class A?

Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach » November 24th, 2021, 3:59 pm

Glad I saw someone reply about this and recognized the loophole.

This is ridiculous and I’ll stand up for the small schools who are trying to keep football programs going. Just because a student takes 3 periods a day at an off site campus for class offerings you don’t get at the school doesn’t mean he/she isn’t your student and everyone knows it.

The article I read in the Mirror about Glendale football was awesome. They are a class A program. Some others…nope, but it appears the broken system may allow it. If a school submitted 109 and another submitted 155….then learned of this and can now submit 107, that isn’t right.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches

youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck » November 24th, 2021, 5:04 pm

So will some teams play up to avoid teams that are screwing with numbers so that they can play down?

Joe Bivitz
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by Joe Bivitz » November 24th, 2021, 10:03 pm

I feel terrible for the small schools in small districts that go 6-4 in the regular season and only have to beat one other team that is 2-8 to win a district title. It really sucks for them to maybe now have to play another team with a possible winning record

Hangman
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Hangman » November 24th, 2021, 11:22 pm

I'm sure the private schools will find a way to cheat the system here and play down a classification or two with their multi-county all-star teams.

EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere » Yesterday, 9:44 pm

Joe Bivitz wrote:
November 24th, 2021, 10:03 pm
I feel terrible for the small schools in small districts that go 6-4 in the regular season and only have to beat one other team that is 2-8 to win a district title. It really sucks for them to maybe now have to play another team with a possible winning record
I wonder what district could have that situation?

Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie » Today, 12:09 pm

I think Joe Bivits might mean the district in which the champion is actually 9-3, still playing, and beat one of the district six finalists in the regular season.