LHAC going up in flames?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: LHAC going up in flames?

Post by southpaw »

reugenev wrote: December 10th, 2021, 11:24 am Enlighten us, then! What was the reason they left?
This has been retold on here over the years. Here is the short version.

1. Early 90's Bedford and CR joined LHAC as football only members.
2. Early 2000's LHAC went "all sports" conference. Bedford joined CR did not (All other CR sports at time played in the SHL)
a. CR was sort of in the ICC in football played the Bedford county schools/CK/Penns Valley/Bellwood/Mo Valley (Head Roadie can fill in the
blanks)
3. 2010 ICC reorganized no room for CR in football- other sports still in SHL.
4. CR played independent football schedule- MD/WV/trips to Kutztown and Berks Catholic etc.
5. 2018 CR joined LHAC.

That's it.
"I'm your huckleberry"
reugenev
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by reugenev »

I do remember them stating they were not interested in joining as an all sports member, but their success in the LHAC may have also played a factor?

From the Bedford Gazette

In 1993, Ridge joined the Laurel Highlands Athletic Conference for football only. In 1996, the Lions had their most successful season under coach Ron Walters, going 6-3 before dropping out of the conference in 2001. Their overall record in the LHAC was 20-51, and they went 1-16 in the last two years.
Rumorman78
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Rumorman78 »

Is it true LHAC will dissolve in 2022, than re-form without 2 private schools?
Blueandwhitefan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Blueandwhitefan »

I spoke with someone today that was at the last Indiana school board meeting. He said there is really serious consideration being given to joining another conference. He THOUGHT the LHAC. The concern is for sports they have (Including club sports like lacross). What confused me is during the discussion, it was mentioned other schools going with them. It would result in a super conference of 20+ teams!!!
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!!!
Nemesis
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Nemesis »

Blueandwhitefan wrote: January 9th, 2022, 3:50 pm What confused me is during the discussion, it was mentioned other schools going with them. It would result in a super conference of 20+ teams!!!
What are the other schools?
Blueandwhitefan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Blueandwhitefan »

Nemesis wrote: January 9th, 2022, 5:18 pm
Blueandwhitefan wrote: January 9th, 2022, 3:50 pm What confused me is during the discussion, it was mentioned other schools going with them. It would result in a super conference of 20+ teams!!!
What are the other schools?
He didn't say. He isn't really a hs sports fan, was there for something else, so probably didn't pay attention to that part.
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!!!
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

DragonsDoExist wrote:I wouldn’t say up in flames at all. However I do see changes coming. I’d look for Tyrone to come on board soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like I said...changes coming.

You play to win the game!!!
longtimefan1sttimecaller
Freshman
Freshman

Post by longtimefan1sttimecaller »

I've heard rumors of a super conference with 3 divisions 8 teams per division.. not sure how that would work for conference champions.

It would have a large schools division (Maybe Indiana and/or Tyrone, Johnstown, Penn Cambria, Central Cambria, Central, Forest Hills, Westmont)

Somerset County football-centric division (Berlin, Bedford, Conemaugh Township, Chestnut Ridge, Meyersdale, North Star, Richland, Somerset, and Windber) - guessing either Bedford, Chestnut Ridge, or Richland could slide over to the large schools division.

Then a mystery 3rd division which the guy I talked to wasn't sure about but I'm guessing would be some mixture of leftover non-football smaller schools from the WestPac or maybe some schools from the ICC? He was adamant that the Bishops (Carroll, McCort, and Guilfoyle) were not being invited.. guessing the McCort wrestling scandal and Guilfoyle's all-sports talent level has led to the other schools wanting to leave them out.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

I've heard the super conference rumor as well. But I'm very skeptical about getting 20+ schools to agree on anything.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Hollidaysburg on the list to join the LHAC as well.

You play to win the game!!!