LHAC going up in flames?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
District5Fan
Freshman
Freshman

Re: LHAC going up in flames?

Post by District5Fan »

DragonsDoExist wrote: January 10th, 2022, 6:02 pm Hollidaysburg on the list to join the LHAC as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Even after just joining the Mountain League this year?
reugenev
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by reugenev »

Would not be surprised when this all shakes out that we have three “super” conferences in our area.

Those left standing may be the LHAC, the Heritage, and the ICC each with close to 20 members.

I can’t see any other area conferences surviving.
Nemesis
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Nemesis »

How would the LHAC do the breakdown? Big school/small school?

A-AA

Bedford - AA
Bellwood-Antis - AA
Bishop Guilfoyle - AA
Bishop McCort - A
Central Cambria - AA
Chestnut Ridge - AA
Forest Hills - AA
Richland - AA
Westmont-Hilltop - AA

AAA-AAAA-AAAAA

Central - AAA
Greater Johnstown - AAAA
Hollidaysburg - AAAAA
Indiana - AAAA
Penn Cambria - AAA
Tyrone - AAA
???

Seems like the WestPAC is primed to break up, but I don't foresee any schools joining the super conference outside of maybe Berlin-Brothersvalley and Windber. However, from what I've read in this forum Windber won't have the numbers and/or talent in the coming years. Likewise, if Somerset gets their wish and starts a Somerset/D5 conference then I imagine that Windber and Berlin-Brothersvalley would jump to join them.

The Heritage seems pretty stable, but I wonder if the Blacklick Valley-United co-op will stay there. Bellwood makes the jump because of Tyrone. The remaining ICC teams are all class A and AA.

Of course, this is all speculation at this point.
reugenev
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by reugenev »

Bellwood will not leave the ICC.

What about Clearfield? Central Mtn, Dubois, Bellefonte, maybe even Altoona???

Crazy but it would be a super conference, if football only you only have to travel every other year and it’s on the weekend.
Rumorman78
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Rumorman78 »

All of this changes will affect the LHAC, Heritage and ICC. I tried to make that point in a post concerning update on ICC , one member said it was BS
Maybe it was not such BS after all.
longtimefan1sttimecaller
Freshman
Freshman

Post by longtimefan1sttimecaller »

https://www.dailyamerican.com/story/new ... 288414002/
The above article from earlier in the week was in the Somerset Daily American. Several WestPAC schools have motions on their board agendas about moving to the new Super LHAC. There's apparently an expansion committee made up of reps from Bedford, Bishop Carroll, Penn Cambria, Richland and Somerset on it. Schools who have been invited include teams from "up north".

“This is still preliminary with all of the school boards still deciding what they are going to do,” LHAC Chairman Scott Close said. “There are multiple invitations to many school districts, not only Somerset County schools. All school boards who have been invited to join the LHAC will be dealing with this during their February meetings,” Close, the Somerset athletic director, said. “Just because schools are saying they are interested or willing to accept the invite doesn't mean they will be joining the LHAC. The expansion committee wants each school board to do its diligence before anything formal is released.”

Checking out posted school board agendas of schools we've talked about on this board Bellwood-Antis, Hollidaysburg, and Indiana don't have anything explicitly mentioning conference change approval listed while Tyrone and Ligonier Valley don't have a February agenda out. Sounds like this is decision month and formal announcement maybe in March? Interesting times
reugenev
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by reugenev »

Rumor has it that North Star, CT, Berlin and Windber were thinking about joining the Heritage as a package, but we’re rejected!
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

It looks like Somerset was hoping to join the WestPAC.
Nemesis
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Nemesis »

Assuming these schools are all approved, it sounds like the LHAC is going to have an influx of smaller schools. Does that mean Ferndale and CV get left out in the cold? Portage, in my opinion, jumped ship to the Heritage too early. I wonder if they would petition to join if presented the opportunity.
Outside of Bellwood (which reugenev said won't leave), NBC seems like the only geographic fit from the ICC.

Clearfield was mentioned; what about Punxsutawney? Have a Northern division with the Mountain League teams plus Punxsutawney and St. Marys. Keep the West-PAC teams together in the South division while adding Bedford, Chestnut Ridge, NBC, and Somerset. Portage slots into the Central.

LHAC South

Bedford - AA
Berlin-Brothersvalley - AA
Chestnut Ridge - AA
Conemaugh Township - A
Meyersdale - A
North Star - A
Northern Bedford County - A
Somerset - AAA
Windber - A

LHAC Central

Bishop Guilfoyle - AA
Bishop McCort - A
Central - AAA
Central Cambria - AA
Forest Hills - AA
Greater Johnstown - AAAA
Penn Cambria - AAA
Portage - A
Richland - AA
Westmont-Hilltop - AA

LHAC North

Bald Eagle Area - AA
Bellefonte - AAA
Clearfield - AAA
Huntingdon - AA
Penns Valley - AA
Philipsburg Osceola - AA
Punxsutawney - AAA
St. Marys - AAA
Tyrone - AAA
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

NBC isn’t going anywhere.

I personally don’t know why the Westpac teams didn’t join the ICC for football only for scheduling purposes.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches