LHAC going up in flames?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: LHAC going up in flames?

Post by youngbuck »

Heard that the word from Windber is they are staying in LHAC. They are open to the competition.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

The Heritage Conference will have 11 teams in 23-24. I would not be surprised to see one of the LHAC’s newer teams to end up there. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised to see as many as three of those teams to end up there.
longtimefan1sttimecaller
Freshman
Freshman

Post by longtimefan1sttimecaller »

Good call knowitall.. Conemaugh Township's board is voting tonight on heading to the Heritage instead. North Star would be wise to follow Conemaugh's lead and head to the Heritage as well, they would struggle mightily in the LHAC and I'm guessing there would be more travel distance in the ICC. I believe Township would put the Heritage at 12 but it sure looks like conferences are willing to accept anyone who fits their structure (enrollment wise). I would think Windber tries to stick with the LHAC with their proximity and natural rivalries although their athletic talent thins out quickly over the next couple years.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Does it make any sense for the LHAC to now merge with the Mountain League since it looks like the super conference is dead? I believe their intention was to help out the Somerset County West-Pacs, and it grew from there. I don't see any benefit to keep this thing going.
reugenev
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by reugenev »

Hearing Bellwood May stay in the ICC now rather than become the small fish in the big pond….anyone else hear the same?

Probably a smart move if the West PAC schools are opting out of the LHAC.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Colonel Mustard wrote: April 11th, 2022, 3:58 pm Does it make any sense for the LHAC to now merge with the Mountain League since it looks like the super conference is dead? I believe their intention was to help out the Somerset County West-Pacs, and it grew from there. I don't see any benefit to keep this thing going.
Agreed, Col. I thought back in the beginning of this movement that it was to be an all-or-nothing change for the LHAC, dependent on every school that was asked, to join. Now it's a whichever way the wind blows today situation. [-(
It ain't over until it's over.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

It’s official. Conemaugh Township is heading to the Heritage Conference in 2023.

North Star is joining the ICC.

The WestPAC may try to continue on as a conference without football.
lhacbigfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lhacbigfan »

Bellwood and Tyrone are going to the LHAC, per the Altoona Mirror this morning.

https://www.altoonamirror.com/sports/lo ... ning-lhac/
BoStillKnows
Senior
Senior

Post by BoStillKnows »

With the addition of Windber, Bellwood-Antis, and Tyrone does that put the LHAC at 15 teams as of right now?
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »