Who is in charge of proposed super conference?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Who is in charge of proposed super conference?

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

I find the idea interesting , but how do you run it? Who gets to be in charge? If that is not done right. There will be teams leaving and forming their own conferences.
Wpial football is:
Mike Burell (Co-Chairperson) Norwin Athletic Director
Jason Olexa (Co-Chairperson) Brentwood Principal
Mark Elphinstone Keystone Oaks Athletic Director
William Englert Adjunct Member
Bill Heasley Adjunct Member
Zach Kessler Franklin Regional Athletic Director
Charley Kiss McKeesport Area Athletic Director
Anthony Mendicino Adjunct Member
John Menhart Adjunct Member
Brandon Robinson Jefferson Morgan Asst. Superintendent
Randy Rovesti Adjunct Member
Douglass Rowe Hopewell Assistant

So does each conference or region get equal numbers. How are representatives picked? While the groupings appear to make sense. Letting the wrong person in charge could blow it up.
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: Who is in charge of proposed super conference?

Post by HSD6FAN »

I think the idea of a super conference is not appealing.

If there are 20+ teams in the conference, many of those teams will never play each other in any sport. Are you truly a conference?

However, every school will get a vote on what happens moving forward. It could definitely change what happens if the smaller schools want one thing and the larger schools want something else.

I always thought the mountain league of a few years ago was a good setup. Just enough teams to fill most of a schedule in all sports. All the teams were similar in size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

I nominate Dr. Anthony Fauci. He knows about as much of running a bunch of HS sports programs as he does National medicine.
It ain't over until it's over.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Somersets's AD is still the head of the LHAC. They were trying to form a breakaway conference which would have hurt the league. How is he still in charge? Somerset has no interest in playing similar sized schools, so any scenario based upon classification probably isn't being considered.
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

HSD6FAN wrote: February 17th, 2022, 8:51 pm I think the idea of a super conference is not appealing.

If there are 20+ teams in the conference, many of those teams will never play each other in any sport. Are you truly a conference?

However, every school will get a vote on what happens moving forward. It could definitely change what happens if the smaller schools want one thing and the larger schools want something else.

I always thought the mountain league of a few years ago was a good setup. Just enough teams to fill most of a schedule in all sports. All the teams were similar in size.

Ill disagree 100%
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Close and Somerset are staying put.
It ain't over until it's over.
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

Wrasslerfan wrote:
HSD6FAN wrote: February 17th, 2022, 8:51 pm I think the idea of a super conference is not appealing.

Ill disagree 100%
Why? About which part?

Just looking for the positives and negatives.

I personally don’t see the benefit of a giant conference. I think it will lead to turmoil and schools looking for a way out in less than 5 years.

knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

The simple answer to this question is District 6 of the PiAA.
reugenev
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by reugenev »

Unfortunately, this will never happen! It makes TOO much sense!
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

HSD6FAN wrote: February 19th, 2022, 12:08 am
Wrasslerfan wrote:

Ill disagree 100%
Why? About which part?

Just looking for the positives and negatives.

I personally don’t see the benefit of a giant conference. I think it will lead to turmoil and schools looking for a way out in less than 5 years.

Teams will want out to go where? AD’s will like the convenience of scheduling and not needing to piece together a schedule for every sport.

What good is schools jumping conference constantly doing for anyone now?