No more Hershey

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: No more Hershey

Post by Manfred »

GoldenRamsFAN wrote: February 23rd, 2022, 5:39 pm Do the people that run these tournaments even know where the Centre of the state is? It should always be at mansion park. Maybe they would actually get more ppl at the game.
The geographical center of the state is Aaronsburg, in Centre County. Determined by the intersecting of 2 lines from the furthest points in the NW, SW,NE, SE parts of the state. State College or even Altoona is closer to the center than Mechanicsburg. The Political $$$$ is in Harrisburg.
It ain't over until it's over.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Why would you want to play a high school football game in front of 100,000 empty seats at Beaver Stadium?

I know Penn State hasn't been the best host in the past for District 6 events.
Last edited by knowitall on February 24th, 2022, 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dadw/2sons »

"Know it all", you must know it all if know about Fannett-MetaL High School. I used to work there a lifetime ago. To have the state football playoffs in the lovely Path Valley is really funny. It would be like having the playoffs in a foreign country since they are not familiar with high school football I guess they could use their soccer fields for the games. You gave me a chuckle with the F-M mention.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

dadw/2sons wrote: February 24th, 2022, 9:56 am "Know it all", you must know it all if know about Fannett-MetaL High School. I used to work there a lifetime ago. To have the state football playoffs in the lovely Path Valley is really funny. It would be like having the playoffs in a foreign country since they are not familiar with high school football I guess they could use their soccer fields for the games. You gave me a chuckle with the F-M mention.
My late M.I.L. graduated 'back in the day' from F-M. Her graduating class had maybe 5 people. But hey, F-M is right alongside the Turnpike too. They could use Path Valley Speedway to host. Haul in artificial turf for the infield.
It ain't over until it's over.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Is the "World of Pigeons" still open near F-M High School? An extra added attraction.
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dadw/2sons »

NO The world of pigeon sign painted on the barn near the turnpike has been REMOVED!! SO i assume the business is no longer open!!
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Maybe the "World of Pigeons" was SO busy, that it no longer needed to advertise. Cut down that overhead.