WestPac says good bye

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Rumorman78
Freshman
Freshman

WestPac says good bye

Post by Rumorman78 »

The August 6th Altoona Mirror posted an interesting article about the final high school football media day for the West PAC Conference. Overall it was an informative article . Here are some of the things that might be of interest. Portage Coach Slanoc said he favors all area schools follow the WPIAL, and have conferences by classification. I guess some Heritage coaches where in attendance. River Valley coach Houser stated that he has 71 players signed up for the 2022 season. Windber Coach Grohal is upset about losing Conemaugh Twp. off the schedule, saying, C. TWP is only 8 miles away, and they are going over a mountain away from us'. An eye opening comment by Conemaugh TWP. Coach Penna, was that the decision to move to the Heritage Conference, was not the football team's , but was what the School Board wanted. Berlin has 4 non-conference games this year, the only one that had me scratching my head, was their game with Uniontown, I don;t know if they still are ,but Uniontown was once a powerhouse, better buckle your chin straps.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: WestPac says good bye

Post by knowitall »

The WestPAC and Heritage Conference had a shared media day at Windber Stadium. Perhaps the WestPAC and Heritage conference could/should have just merged.
LeeCorso
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by LeeCorso »

I agree with Portages coach. D 5/6 should be one mega conference divided by classification then sectioned off by location within the classifications to minimize travel.
reugenev
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by reugenev »

Makes too much sense!
ExRaided
Senior
Senior

Post by ExRaided »

Rumorman78 wrote: August 7th, 2022, 1:58 am Berlin has 4 non-conference games this year, the only one that had me scratching my head, was their game with Uniontown, I don;t know if they still are ,but Uniontown was once a powerhouse, better buckle your chin straps.
I just looked Uniontown over on maxpreps. One of the worst football schools in the state. If I remember right they have had 2 seven win seasons since 2004. Most are 0-2 win seasons. Will likely be a laugher.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Yea Uniontown left the WPIAL because they couldn’t win a game. They are playing an independent schedule for a few years in hopes they can win some games and get the program on track and get more kids to come out for football. They’re probably on track with Johnstown, a decent sized school that’s in a bad downward spiral.