Could I get an explanation?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Could I get an explanation?

Post by konjo78 »

Living in the west coast now for over a decade I always find these drive length discussions funny. There are schools out here who have to drive 1 to 2 hours to play teams in their conference let alone state finals.
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

konjo78 wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 12:36 pm Living in the west coast now for over a decade I always find these drive length discussions funny. There are schools out here who have to drive 1 to 2 hours to play teams in their conference let alone state finals.
I've never been to the coast, but even though I grew up in rural PA farmland, I was absolutely shocked at how rural the Dakota area is. I drove for over a hour through southeast Montana and didn't see another human for well over an hour on the road until I stopped for gas. Kids wore rodeo Varsity jackets because some of the schools can't field team sports.

They really let you rip on those highways, though.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

I still remember how excited my parents were for the scenic drive from where we moved to in WA state to Idaho state university, where I was going to for college. About 6 hours in to the drive my dad turned around and said ill need to get flights home because no way they were going to do that boring drive again. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

konjo78 wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 1:02 pm I still remember how excited my parents were for the scenic drive from where we moved to in WA state to Idaho state university, where I was going to for college. About 6 hours in to the drive my dad turned around and said ill need to get flights home because no way they were going to do that boring drive again. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
So what's Idaho actually like? It looks beautiful but then you hear stories that it's full of militia nuts. I've been fascinated by it since I saw Napoleon Dynamite. I also had a professor from there in grad school, but he didn't like talking about it. He hated it.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

OutOfTheLoop wrote: November 24th, 2022, 11:37 am
konjo78 wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 1:02 pm I still remember how excited my parents were for the scenic drive from where we moved to in WA state to Idaho state university, where I was going to for college. About 6 hours in to the drive my dad turned around and said ill need to get flights home because no way they were going to do that boring drive again. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
So what's Idaho actually like? It looks beautiful but then you hear stories that it's full of militia nuts. I've been fascinated by it since I saw Napoleon Dynamite. I also had a professor from there in grad school, but he didn't like talking about it. He hated it.
Idaho and the PNW are very interesting. A lot more spread out with a lot of dead space. While you have your mountain ranges they create hundreds and hundreds miles of Flat, desert land. People are generally friendly but difference between cities to small towns is very noticable. And yeah there are militia nuts here, famously Ammon Bundy. During the pandemic him and his almost cult like group pretty much harassed any person in office that tried have any conversation around health measures. When he gets arrested for trespassing his faithful literally will go outside judge's houses protesting his arrest and threatening violence.

When i did more work in Northern Idaho and eastern washington I saw so much Racism. Whether it was to Native american tribe members or just minorities a large part of the population where throwing racial slurs and making highly racist comments. It was a culture shock a bit to me and I am happy I positioned myself to be more in the southern part of idaho and oregon.

Oh and you got a lot of mormons out here who control politics and try to convert you. Especially the closer to Utah you get
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

konjo78 wrote: November 29th, 2022, 7:17 pm
Idaho and the PNW are very interesting. A lot more spread out with a lot of dead space. While you have your mountain ranges they create hundreds and hundreds miles of Flat, desert land. People are generally friendly but difference between cities to small towns is very noticable. And yeah there are militia nuts here, famously Ammon Bundy. During the pandemic him and his almost cult like group pretty much harassed any person in office that tried have any conversation around health measures. When he gets arrested for trespassing his faithful literally will go outside judge's houses protesting his arrest and threatening violence.

When i did more work in Northern Idaho and eastern washington I saw so much Racism. Whether it was to Native american tribe members or just minorities a large part of the population where throwing racial slurs and making highly racist comments. It was a culture shock a bit to me and I am happy I positioned myself to be more in the southern part of idaho and oregon.

Oh and you got a lot of mormons out here who control politics and try to convert you. Especially the closer to Utah you get
Very interesting stuff. Thanks for responding!
Safetyblitz
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Safetyblitz »

What’s wrong with Ammon Bundy?
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Safetyblitz wrote: December 1st, 2022, 3:56 pm

What’s wrong with Ammon Bundy?
Oh my where to begin.

1. He consisently has his followers harrass individuals homes, which also includes people's families. A parent shouldnt have to worry about an angry mob being at their house when their kid is getting home from school.

2. He thinks he is above the law. Is pretty much all of his arrests its been clear that he feels he has broken no laws. I mean the man was told he isnt allowed in the Idaho Capital building for 1 year and during that court written mandate he had a day where he got arrested for going into the caplital, was processes/released and then got arrested AGAIN for tresspassing at the capital.

3. He caused a local hospital to be if a full lockdown for around two hours in a protest and also tresspassed into the hospital. There are people who were either being transferred or were going to be admitted that couldnt and patients treatments were delayed during that time in lockdown.

So whether you agree with his political beliefs or not there is A LOT wrong with how he and the people around him act.
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

Isn't he also the guy who was the Fox News darling until he told Hannity that black people were better off as slaves?
Safetyblitz
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Safetyblitz »

OutOfTheLoop wrote: December 1st, 2022, 8:53 pm Isn't he also the guy who was the Fox News darling until he told Hannity that black people were better off as slaves?
No that was his father. He was speaking on how poorly black folks are treated by the government now.