Sanders to Colorado

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Sanders to Colorado

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet. Very interesting hire. Was ultra successful recruiting and on the field at Jackson State. Can't wait to see how this plays out. With transfer portal availability , could be very good in a year or two.
kmr
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Sanders to Colorado

Post by kmr »

In 3-5 yrs he will be at Florida State. Colorado is just another stepping stone.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Colorado only has had four winning seasons in the last 20 years, and one was a 4-2 2020 year with Covid.

I think they needed to try to make a splash like this. I think Mel Tucker would have had success there if he stayed more than a season.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

You play to win the game!!!
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

DragonsDoExist wrote: December 5th, 2022, 12:12 pm https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/344 ... i2Ol3hcS50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This could be the start of a seismic change in major college football coaching. If his approach works (and I think it will) the future of coaching will be more dependent on how coaches work the transfer protocols and NIL opportunities. Older coaches are struggling with this, even traditionally successful ones.
Elderlyeagle
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Elderlyeagle »

kmr wrote: December 5th, 2022, 10:45 am In 3-5 yrs he will be at Florida State. Colorado is just another stepping stone.
I hope so. I’ve been a Noles fan since before he became prime. Norvell sadly prolonged the wait for FSU fans the way they ran the table after giving away the NC State game
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

I'm expecting either spectacular success or a huge flame-out. Either way, I'm here for the entertainment value. If he can convince the top guys to go to Colorado instead of Alabama or Georgia, that would be something. Anything that angers Saban, I'm in.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

It’ll be interesting to see if the ability to recruit better talent (relative to other HBCU’s) due to his own NIL, or his coaching ability has led to his success at Jackson St.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Building a talented coaching staff will be key to Colorado's success, I think. He grabbed a sitting D1 head coach to be his offensive coordinator. So he's off to a good start in that regard.
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

I think is way more of an undertaking than people realize. Colorado is one of the worst power 5 programs in the country right now. At a place like Jackson State, you can bring in 2-3 top end players and make a huge dent. At Colorado, they need to improve at about 50-60 scholarship positions to make a dent. Let's he brings in 3 top 5 star players...well Oregon, Washington, and Utah probably are bringing in 12-15 really good, highly recruited players to go on a roster that is already head and shoulders better than Coach Sanders'. A 5 star recruit makes so much of a bigger impact at Jackson State than it does at Colorado. To be honest, I don't like his message so far either. Yes, they are a struggling program but there are still a ton of highly talented power 5 players on that roster that he seems to be belittling.

This is a 5-10 project and I don't know if he or that administration has that level of patience for the amount they are paying him. A 5-7 or 6-6 football team is a monumental turn around next year and that still will leave them with another massive leap or two to become a good football program.