State Finals

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: State Finals

Post by Wrasslerfan »

Roofee wrote: December 9th, 2022, 4:09 pm SCA's most valuable player is their attorney! They will be AA yet again next year and pound the **** out of everyone!!!
Can we stop with that talk after a while it gets kind of stale
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
Roofee
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Roofee »

Yea you're correct, SCA winning AA year after year and remaining AA while everyone else is forced to move up is totally legit, Everyone else in AA just needs to work harder and want it more just like SCA. My bad.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

How about if we just don’t penalize everyone else?
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

knowitall wrote: December 10th, 2022, 10:34 am How about if we just don’t penalize everyone else?

Well this won’t work, since Aliquippa appealed last year and lost, but SCA wins their appeal. Kind of makes you wonder.
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

GoldenRamsFAN wrote:
knowitall wrote: December 10th, 2022, 10:34 am How about if we just don’t penalize everyone else?

Well this won’t work, since Aliquippa appealed last year and lost, but SCA wins their appeal. Kind of makes you wonder.
Unfortunately SCA just plays the political game better than the rest. If there’s a loophole, they find it.

Isn’t it more appealing to win titles with kids that came up through your system from a young age?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

Watching the AAA title game and it’s embarrassing to see the crowd size on the Neumann-Goretti sideline.

Central (along with many other public schools) would have the bleachers packed.

The announcers also listed the players getting offers from major D1 schools for NG. No way a school that size would get that many major offers in AAA. Glad to see Belle Vernon is hanging in 8-3. Almost halftime.

Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

NG with all them stud players doesn't have a kicker pretty ridiculous.
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

Goldeneagles12 wrote:NG with all them stud players doesn't have a kicker pretty ridiculous.
Can’t believe all of those studs couldn’t move the Belle Vernon defensive line one yard on three consecutive plays.

ExRaided
Senior
Senior

Post by ExRaided »

Belle Vernon 9 Nuemann Goretti 8 Final

Watched most of the first half and it was a total snooze fest. Nuemann score on a high snap over the punters head, punter ran the ball down and likely tore his ACL turning to pick the ball up. a bunch of picks in the first half. Tuned back in with 3ish minutes left in the 4th, teams traded interceptions around the 50 yard line. NG drovedown to the 1 and on 4th and goal I believe fumbled and Belle Vernon took over then fumbled on a run out of the endzone but luckily for them it was just after the whistle blew.

Seemed like a good but rather boring and kind of embarrassing game. The fact programs are competing for titles and cannot kick an extra point or a 15 yard field goal is laughable. All the talent in the world but ignoring some of the most basics because "we're better than everyone we play and don't need to kick".

No that's not a direct quote. It's just how some teams seem to function. They feel they're so good they can outscore anyone and just go for two points every time. My point is why wouldn't you utilize every tool or weapon possible?
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

ExRaided wrote: December 10th, 2022, 3:43 pm Belle Vernon 9 Nuemann Goretti 8 Final

Watched most of the first half and it was a total snooze fest. Nuemann score on a high snap over the punters head, punter ran the ball down and likely tore his ACL turning to pick the ball up. a bunch of picks in the first half. Tuned back in with 3ish minutes left in the 4th, teams traded interceptions around the 50 yard line. NG drovedown to the 1 and on 4th and goal I believe fumbled and Belle Vernon took over then fumbled on a run out of the endzone but luckily for them it was just after the whistle blew.

Seemed like a good but rather boring and kind of embarrassing game. The fact programs are competing for titles and cannot kick an extra point or a 15 yard field goal is laughable. All the talent in the world but ignoring some of the most basics because "we're better than everyone we play and don't need to kick".

No that's not a direct quote. It's just how some teams seem to function. They feel they're so good they can outscore anyone and just go for two points every time. My point is why wouldn't you utilize every tool or weapon possible?
I'm going to hard disagree that it was an embarrassing game. That play where the punter got hurt was one of the most freaky things I've ever seen. Otherwise, I thought the defenses were just outstanding.

Your point about kicking is spot on, however. It seems to be a common thing with charter/private schools but I wonder why. All of that elite talent and you kick punts 5 yards behind the los and are wholly incapable of kicking for points? I don't understand that at all.