Which teams won't be here in 2023?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Which teams won't be here in 2023?

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

After seeing some coops start in 2022, which teams will combining next year?
Will any of the current coops change?
Rumorman78
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Which teams won't be here in 2023?

Post by Rumorman78 »

This really does not answer your question, but just an observation. Claysburg-Kimmel is in the middle of a major update to their football, baseball and softball fields It includes turf fields for all 3 of the above sports. 3 new scoreboards, new bleachers for each field and dugouts. Lights for the girls softball field. New refreshment stands. A field house combination/wt. facility, All at a cost of 2.5 million, with overrides pushing the total to almost 3 mil. The point is, C-K finished the football season with about 25 players. In my opinion in the future, it will be hard for a small school, that graduates about 60 students a year to even field a football team. Maybe our board is preparing these fields and facilities for a coop with Chestnut Ridge or Central. Anyway the taxpayers are being told, they can do this without raising taxes, where have you heard that before!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

This also is an observation: Using your example of C-K hypothetically joining Central or CR, most schools who co-op use facilities of the larger school they are partnering with, so I don't see the logic for Central or CR to want to play in Claysburg. Except for the occasional case of very inclement weather.
It ain't over until it's over.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

How much longer does the catholic coop survive? That seems like the next program to go extinct. Despite coop they were still one of the smallest rosters, add to that the transfer policy, making kids sit a year. Looks pretty bleak
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

Rumorman78 wrote: December 13th, 2022, 1:33 am This really does not answer your question, but just an observation. Claysburg-Kimmel is in the middle of a major update to their football, baseball and softball fields It includes turf fields for all 3 of the above sports. 3 new scoreboards, new bleachers for each field and dugouts. Lights for the girls softball field. New refreshment stands. A field house combination/wt. facility, All at a cost of 2.5 million, with overrides pushing the total to almost 3 mil. The point is, C-K finished the football season with about 25 players. In my opinion in the future, it will be hard for a small school, that graduates about 60 students a year to even field a football team. Maybe our board is preparing these fields and facilities for a coop with Chestnut Ridge or Central. Anyway the taxpayers are being told, they can do this without raising taxes, where have you heard that before!

CK also just fired all of their football coaches.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Manfred wrote: December 13th, 2022, 7:57 am This also is an observation: Using your example of C-K hypothetically joining Central or CR, most schools who co-op use facilities of the larger school they are partnering with, so I don't see the logic for Central or CR to want to play in Claysburg. Except for the occasional case of very inclement weather.
If they would coop I'd use the new field. Central is better than C-Rs but both fields aren't the greatest.
LoneRanger
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by LoneRanger »

Rumorman78 wrote: December 13th, 2022, 1:33 am This really does not answer your question, but just an observation. Claysburg-Kimmel is in the middle of a major update to their football, baseball and softball fields It includes turf fields for all 3 of the above sports. 3 new scoreboards, new bleachers for each field and dugouts. Lights for the girls softball field. New refreshment stands. A field house combination/wt. facility, All at a cost of 2.5 million, with overrides pushing the total to almost 3 mil. The point is, C-K finished the football season with about 25 players. In my opinion in the future, it will be hard for a small school, that graduates about 60 students a year to even field a football team. Maybe our board is preparing these fields and facilities for a coop with Chestnut Ridge or Central. Anyway the taxpayers are being told, they can do this without raising taxes, where have you heard that before!
If they are getting all of that for 3 mil they are getting a steal. River Valley (formally Blairsville/Saltsburg) is starting to build the same complex and they are estimating $14 Million. And of course "Taxes will not go up" per the school board president. Yeh right.
Rumorman78
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Rumorman78 »

I think the upgrade to the football facilities is the big heartburn with the majority of taxpayers. The new bleachers are 3 times larger than the old ones they replace. There is now going to be enough seating, to seat everyone in the district, when they could not fill the old ones. Turf, well Central a 3A School does have a turf field, or does Bedford , Tyrone, or C.R.. The C.K. School District has the second highest number of students under the poverty line in Blair county, with Altoona being first. That was the point I was making in my post about spending this money with the small numbers the District has, graduating about 60 students a year, and with the smaller numbers turning out for football, many feel the money could be spent on programs and services elsewhere. I do not have a crystal ball, but many feel within the next 5-10 years CK will need to coop with a bigger school in football.
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

Maybe building something like this will entice people to move to the area and will change how things are in Claysburg. The school can host playoff games being right off I99 and create more revenue through concessions and things like that for boosters. I like seeing small schools work on progression.

I also don’t think there is any kind of co-op in the works.
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches