Early signing

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Early signing

Post by knowitall »

St Francis has 82 players on its current roster and announced a signing class of 27 new players. Common sense says many of those kids will not see the field.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

20 kids graduate, transfer, flunk-out, quit, and get hurt every year. Yes, many recruits never finish where they start, but you can't stop bringing them in.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Since SFU is a private school (and Division I), which has a pretty hefty cost for tuition, room and board, do they give their athletes (as many as 85) full athletic scholarships, like Alabama or Michigan does?
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

At least one of them, Elijah Villarial, will be going there tuition free, as his Dad is head coach. Not that there's anything wrong with that, as all SFU Admin. & teachers' family members go there free.
It ain't over until it's over.
Blueandwhitefan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Blueandwhitefan »

Manfred wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 8:54 am At least one of them, Elijah Villarial, will be going there tuition free, as his Dad is head coach. Not that there's anything wrong with that, as all SFU Admin. & teachers' family members go there free.
I know quite a few kids that went to SFU and The Mount. Both athletes and non athletes. I don't know any that paid full tuition. Pretty much everyone accepts some type of scholarship. My daughter (14 yes ago) was offered a 10,000 "leadership" scholarship. And 5,000 for something else. She was given the same thing at The Mount, which is where she decided to go.
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!!!
Blueandwhitefan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Blueandwhitefan »

Blueandwhitefan wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 9:32 am
Manfred wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 8:54 am At least one of them, Elijah Villarial, will be going there tuition free, as his Dad is head coach. Not that there's anything wrong with that, as all SFU Admin. & teachers' family members go there free.
I know quite a few kids that went to SFU and The Mount. Both athletes and non athletes. I don't know any that paid full tuition. Pretty much everyone accepted some type of scholarship. My daughter (14 yrs ago) was offered a 10,000 "leadership" scholarship. And 5,000 for something else. She was given the same thing at The Mount, which is where she decided to go.
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!!!
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

I just think many are under the impression that since St. Francis is considered a D-I football school, that the players are going for free to a $50,000/ year school. Most have a hefty co-pay each year. It ain't free like Notre Dame, Pitt or PSU.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

FCS schools can give out 63 scholarships. These can be split. No idea if SFU gives out all 63, but as a private school, they can offer lots of other scholarships (academic), grants, etc...but who really cares who is paying the bills. It's not us, unless your kid goes there.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

I know for a fact one of those signing with SFU is on scholarship. But what do I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

D1 FBS is 85 full scholarship
D1 FCS is 63 split scholarships
D2 is 36 split.

A lot of the 63 are probably full scholarship, but the ones that aren't, between academic scholarships, grants, and partial football scholarships - they aren't paying a whole lot for school.