Local Semi-Final Games

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
LeeCorso
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 291
Joined: September 20th, 2018, 7:23 am

Local Semi-Final Games

Post by LeeCorso » November 27th, 2023, 10:03 am

Aliquippa 12-0 vs Selinsgrove 13-0-1 Friday at CC
Peters Township 14-0 vs Cocalico 12-1 Friday at Mansion
Harrisburg 12-1 vs North Allegheny 12-1 Saturday at Mansion


Anyone going to any of these? I’m having trouble deciding between the two Friday games but leaning towards Central Cambria.

Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 6062
Joined: August 2nd, 2009, 7:23 pm

Re: Local Semi-Final Games

Post by Manfred » November 27th, 2023, 12:01 pm

Hey Lee, you disappeared for a few weeks. What was the final tally on your weekly contest?
It ain't over until it's over.

LeeCorso
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 291
Joined: September 20th, 2018, 7:23 am

Re: Local Semi-Final Games

Post by LeeCorso » November 27th, 2023, 9:32 pm

Manfred wrote:
November 27th, 2023, 12:01 pm
Hey Lee, you disappeared for a few weeks. What was the final tally on your weekly contest?
My bad. I know now why Crimson quit doing it a few years ago. It is a lot of work. You are in the lead by 1. I thought the other day about bring it back for this weekend and next. What do you think?

Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 6062
Joined: August 2nd, 2009, 7:23 pm

Re: Local Semi-Final Games

Post by Manfred » November 28th, 2023, 8:18 am

LeeCorso wrote:
November 27th, 2023, 9:32 pm
Manfred wrote:
November 27th, 2023, 12:01 pm
Hey Lee, you disappeared for a few weeks. What was the final tally on your weekly contest?
My bad. I know now why Crimson quit doing it a few years ago. It is a lot of work. You are in the lead by 1. I thought the other day about bring it back for this weekend and next. What do you think?
Thanks. I'd play, but have second thoughts about "going out on top", LOL.
It ain't over until it's over.

EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 725
Joined: October 5th, 2016, 4:07 pm

Re: Local Semi-Final Games

Post by EnzoLigoniere » November 28th, 2023, 5:19 pm

Between the 3 local games, any Division 1 players or outstanding players to watch. I figure the quips to have 4 - 5 legit prospects but not as familiar with the other programs

If we decide to go to CC, Manfred and I will probably head to the Station house for wings and suds pregame

CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 1306
Joined: August 25th, 2014, 12:12 am

Re: Local Semi-Final Games

Post by CCDevil2012 » November 28th, 2023, 10:06 pm

EnzoLigoniere wrote:
November 28th, 2023, 5:19 pm
Between the 3 local games, any Division 1 players or outstanding players to watch. I figure the quips to have 4 - 5 legit prospects but not as familiar with the other programs

If we decide to go to CC, Manfred and I will probably head to the Station house for wings and suds pregame
Quips RB is a verbal to Penn state as a junior, 5000 career rushing yards with a season to go.

OldD6er
Freshman
Freshman
Posts: 23
Joined: November 26th, 2021, 9:52 pm

Re: Local Semi-Final Games

Post by OldD6er » November 29th, 2023, 12:58 pm

If you go watch aliquippa, just remember that based on current enrollment numbers in this cycle they are a 1A school competing and winning at the 4A level. Extremely impressive

Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 6062
Joined: August 2nd, 2009, 7:23 pm

Re: Local Semi-Final Games

Post by Manfred » November 29th, 2023, 5:05 pm

Farrell used to do that for many years.
It ain't over until it's over.

Husker33
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 339
Joined: April 2nd, 2008, 9:29 pm

Re: Local Semi-Final Games

Post by Husker33 » November 29th, 2023, 6:26 pm

Belle Vernon's Quinton Marton is a big time player who is committed to Penn State (4 star, ranked as the #1 recruit from PA by several services).

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

“Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it.”
-Henry Ford

“Gentleman, this is a football. Before we’re through, we’re gonna run it down everybody’s throats.”
-Vince Lombardi

LeeCorso
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 291
Joined: September 20th, 2018, 7:23 am

Re: Local Semi-Final Games

Post by LeeCorso » November 29th, 2023, 8:02 pm

Harrisburg WR is something like a 6’2” 195 lb soph that is a stud. No offers yet. Their Tackle Kevin Brown is a 4 star recruit ranked in the nation. He is getting courted by a bunch of power 5 schools. He won MVP of the Penn state lineman challenge this summer. He is only a sophomore also. North Allegheny also has 2 players ranked in the state over the next few years but I don’t know much about them.

Post Reply