Tyrone vs. Slippery Rock

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
CHSFootball58
Freshman
Freshman

Tyrone vs. Slippery Rock

Post by CHSFootball58 »

I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts about friday nights game? I saw Tyrone play Forrest Hills on Friday night. Tyrone played a very good game and they have two excellent backs in Mertiff and Gummo. They have a very good defense too. Does anyone know anything about Slippery Rock? If u do let me know. I am looking forward to attending this game Friday night. It should be a good one!
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride -- and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high -- but so are the rewards."

Paul "Bear" Bryant
Roadie
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Roadie »

Where is this game being played ?
DELORIS!!!! "Jerry Seinfeld"
S Cube
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Post by S Cube »

7:00 kick off on friday knight at mansion park...s cube may have to find his way there for this game since he hasnt seen tyrone play yet this year...
old school
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by old school »

I've been told Slippery Rock is not very good...just lucky...but then again what good team isn't lucky. I'll go with Tyrone
"The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren't being taught by many people other than football coaches these days....." Paul "Bear" Bryant
IKE
Junior
Junior

Post by IKE »

I'm going to take Tyrone on this one. They've been this far before and they know what it takes to play this deep into the playoffs. I'm not sure if Slippery Rock has ever made it this far or not. It'll be a close one but the Eagles will come out on top.
BillyWhiteShoesJohnson
Senior
Senior

Post by BillyWhiteShoesJohnson »

Im gonna go w/ Slippery Rock on this one. I hear they have a great university in that town. Im sure they are the underdog, but Im gonna root for them just cuz I like 2 see a dog win from time to time. Go Rock!
Small Feeet, Small Feeet!
Sports999
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Sports999 »

Ahh, it feels good to be so right about a game, like I was for the FH/T game. Ok, Ok, I'm done. This game could be lopsided from what I'm hearing out of d-9/10 lamd. They were in to see our beloved Eagles play and are already shaking in their boots. Supposively there is a D-1 linebacker on this Slippery Rock squad, but if you weren't told his number before the game, you would have a hard time finding him. Tyrone is bigger upfront and have tons of weapons. The 4-3 defense that the Rock plays will play right into the strength of Tyrone, and Mertiff will run wild.

Get the JV's ready Franco because they're gonna be getting some experience. Look out WPIAL, here comes a HOT Tyrone squad. Mertiff with another huge night, 200+, Gummo goes for 75 and 2 scores.

Tyrone - 41

Slippery Rock - 12
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

Wow! I hope your right Sports 999.I'm not looking past anyone right now.Main reason being,even if we don't lose another game,our season will still end in 3 weeks.I want to enjoy every minute of it I can.If they do make the west finals,they will need a great night from everyone and maybe a little luck.We've been there 3 times and all 3 were the best team we saw that season.Plus the west final is at the WPIAL site so they will need to get over that 2 hour drive as well.Oh well,that'll be nice to have to worry about that.First step,getting ready for a tough Rock team.2 more days,can't wait.I'll call it a little closer,23-7 tyrone.
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
Structure8
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Structure8 »

If Tyrone plays their best game, and does not have many mistakes, I believe they can beat SR. I'm not saying this is going to be a push over game, but Tyrone is very capable of beating Slippery Rock.
"When you drink the water, remember the spring." ~Chinese proverb