Classifications

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

It appears imminent....Already some games being lined up for the "new" first date....BG-McCort, Evt-Bellwood, W.Branch-S.Hunt, C.Ridge-Bedford or Windber, NB-Mt. Union

No, school won't follow PIAA calendar!!! hahaha Roadie. Practice would start (football only...other fall sports stay as is) a week earlier. scrimmages would bump up a week, current game schedules would stay "as is" and the additional week (weekend prior to labor day weekend) would be opener. Current conditional 10th dates would become conditional 11th dates with playoffs beginning week 11.
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

Thanks HR, should be exciting. One more thing: a couple of years ago I heard a rumor that the PIAA was thinking about allowing spring football practice before school let out for the summer. Any truth to that?
"I'm your huckleberry"
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

What the heck is this point thing anyway?
"I'm your huckleberry"
GATOR
Junior
Junior

Post by GATOR »

hey Mr. Southpaw, I will help you out with this point thing. Just click donate under the GATOR's name and that will take care of it for you.
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

Coaches Association brought up Spring practice...Primarily the Quad-A's...It never got anywhere.
Sports999
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Sports999 »

I don't see that happening with baseball and track/field going on during that time. The spring sports wouldn't allow it.

Looks like some great matchups already set for the additional week. Another game that I would like to see played every year is CC vs. BC, the 2 schools are 500 yards apart making it a true backyard brawl and won't play eachother for 2 years, it's crazy. Some other matchups include, FH vs. Portage/Tyrone CH vs. NC, those would all be grear to see year in and year out.
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

someone mentioned that the current schedules would remain, and another team would be added to the first, earlier, week...doesnt that defeat the purpose of making the season start earlier, they want to start earlier so that the playoffs dont run until christmas, if they schedule an extra game it just means the playoffs are gonna go the same length as they would w/out the earlier game
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

Correct gunner, but what it does is appease the almight WPIAL because they want to maintain their current playoff situation (16 team bracket) and the revenue it generates so they must start a week earlier. No more automatic bye to the Western finals for the WPIAL. That is what is causing the rest of the state to go a week earlier believe it or not. Actually the state is giving everyone a "choice" to start a week earlier or maintain. Well, you know what that means...in our "keep up with the jones'/don't let anyone get the jump on us mentality" I foresee nearly everyone starting a week earlier. As for Sports999's question on rivalries. The LHAC decision on this will be interesting. Will they play another league game or allow their teams to schedule from outside? This will affect Chestnut Ridge locally because they would like to play Bedford on the new first date but if LHAC dictates playing a league game, then I foresee Ridge playing Windber.