Drug testing of Athletes

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

if teachers got tested, we would probably lose the greatest minds we have...a certain 8th grade humanities teacher would probably be one of them :lol:
IBear
Freshman
Freshman

Post by IBear »

If athletes and students at all school were forced to take drug test, esp. random, you would be surprised how many students would be in trouble. But then perhaps it would discourage use. Drug tests def. need to become a bigger issue than they are now.
CuteSoftbllChick
Junior
Junior

Post by CuteSoftbllChick »

I think they should get tested? why not? what do they have to hide? We are suppose to set the examples and if we are doing drugs then how does that look to little kids?
Sneakers
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Sneakers »

Sto, take that back right now. I think I know where you went to high school at...and well let's not say anything further.
snatchity6
Freshman
Freshman

Post by snatchity6 »

drug testing of athletes doesnt really do anything but look good for the school....they pick the athletes to test because they figure athletes will be clean and will make their school not look like they have a drug problem...but in all reality they have a drug problem...but if they turn in so many test results and they all come back negative...it looks good...if they are gonna test students...dont make it volentarty...dont test the athletes....test everybody...thats the only way i see its good...other wise they are just using athletes for drug testing because they figure it will make the school look good.
It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone.
jon27
Freshman
Freshman

Post by jon27 »

i think that the testing should stop. just because you are an athlete doesnt mean you should get tested. especially highschool students
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

i think jon is trying to tell us something....
STRAIGHT
DAD
Freshman
Freshman

Post by DAD »

CertifiedPublicAccountant wrote:If I was a teacher, I wouldn't want drug tested. What if I get a false positive? My teaching career is over.
False positives aren't as common as they used to be. Also, there is a baseline that is set that is well above the "false positive" level - you would need to have a healthy (or unhealthy) dose in your system in order to trigger a positive. If you test positive, you're usually given another test within a short period of time, before the substance(s) leave your system or drops to a "passing" level. Fail the second test and you're busted.

snatchity6 does have a point - school districts may want to avoid any bad press rather than actually clean up the district.
captain dean
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by captain dean »

drug testing would really hurt the art programs
Buzzards have to eat, same as worms.
Bedrock
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Bedrock »

Looks like PA may have to revisit the issue with the verdict out of Montgomery county yesterday.