Drug testing of Athletes

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Lemmy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Lemmy »

I think the PA Surpreme Court decision is correct.

"A desire to discourage drug use is not a sufficient reason to justify "suspicionless" drug screening targeted at student athletes, parking-permit holders and extracuricular-activity participants, the Supreme Court ruled." Altoona Mirror, November 25, 2003
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. Pre
Bedrock
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Bedrock »

I disagree. I think it is a good thing. It gives young people a legitimate excuse to say no to peer pressure. Plus if student athletes plan on playing at the next level they will be exposed to testing again. You don't hear them (NCAA athletes) complaining that the rest of the student body isn't tested. It goes with the turf.
Brandon06
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Brandon06 »

who cares if athletes get drug tested
they shouldnt be doing drugs plin and simple
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

coming from ridge...definition of oxymoron please?

plin and simple, that sounds abt rite for them parts of befor contie
STRAIGHT
Beerbelly351
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Beerbelly351 »

This is just part of getting kids ready for the real world. In almost any job you work at (New Enterprise,The Paper Mill,even Cove Shoe) they all are grug tested and you DON'T have a choice. It is just part of the society we live in today.
Dep
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Dep »

I just watched Mythbusters on the Discovery Channel and they ate poppyseed muffins and poppyseed cake. They both tested positive for a day and when they called the company, the company said they did not have an answer. So, like a lot of people, we should FEAR such an inaccurate test that can be affected by your breakfast. It scares me and the vitimans I take and the cereal I eat. I am no drug guy, but I don't know what some test is going to say,
Beerbelly351
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Beerbelly351 »

I don't know much about poppyseed but if my kids are doing it I WOULD WANT TO KNOW!!!!!!!!
4him
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 4him »

Proof that TV really isn't all that bad for you. It is quite educational. But Dep, don't bore yourself with the Discovery Channel. That same thing was on an episode of Seinfeld (much more entertaining!). You know...you remember when Elaine was getting drug tested for her job and she ate the muffin at the cafe with the poppyseed.
Dep
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Dep »

I remember that Seinfeld and it was better.
SiehlsRightThumb
Freshman
Freshman

Post by SiehlsRightThumb »

Seinfeld is always better than any documentary (besides the History Channel, of course)
Tennis is King.