ICC ALL-STARS

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
4him
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 4him »

The system for picking the ICC all-stars is terrible. One of the things that bugs me the most is that a kid can't be first team both ways. And it definitely needs to be a collective ICC all-star team and not by division. If I was an ICC all-star in my division I would probaby stuff my certificate away somewhere, never to be seen again. But if it was for the entire ICC I might be a little more proud.
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

Agree or disagree this is what the the coaches want...by division. Also, there is no rule stipulating that a player cannot be on both sides of the ball. Holencik of Mo Valley was a 3-WAY all-star this year as he made both off, def, and special teams as a ???Punter????
4him
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 4him »

I stand corrected. I see in the South Division that the only kid who made 1st team both ways was the kid from Tussey who was Tussey's only 1st team selection. I was informed last year (by a player) that they could only be selected for one side of the ball. I don't know if this was the coaches' stipulation or possibly a strategy for getting as many first team guys as possible or what? But regardless, that in itself is rediculous.
JCeagle53
Freshman
Freshman

Post by JCeagle53 »

I was informed by a coach that during the voting process the past year they voted for offense first, then tried to select an entire new defense, however there were some 2 way selections, not sure how many, Francisco made both ways for sure, maybe suter too, but they were all-state selections as well.

My biggest problems with the ICC all-stars are

1. shouldnt be in sections-one team
2. seems like if a player makes it as an underclassmen-they make it every year after that no matter how crappy they play-they make it on prestige alone
3. two way selections should be made-best player in the spot gets the nomination no matter what other slots he already has
S Cube
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Post by S Cube »

na eagle i didnt make it both ways...just on O

and about a player making as an underclassman...i believe jake hall was first team qb last year as a junior and he did not make it in his senior year...
JCeagle53
Freshman
Freshman

Post by JCeagle53 »

and i also think that they should go back to having the ICC split into 2 divisions instead of 3. The last year for that was my sophmore year (2000). They still had a north and a south team, but the teams were a heck of a lot more prestigous. It would also make winning your conference a much bigger achievement, instead of only havin to go 3-1 in the conference, teams would have to be 6-1 or 7-0 in the conference alone to win it.
Smiteye89
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Smiteye89 »

JCeagle53, where are you from?
"Pursue the potential Pittsburgh property pronto, let's eat" Nextel walkie-talkie commercial
JCeagle53
Freshman
Freshman

Post by JCeagle53 »

My name is Eric Miller...went to everett...played football/baseball/wrestling...and am now at Juniata College, playin football (O-line tight tackle) for the eagles!!!!