ICC ALL-STARS

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
IKE
Junior
Junior

ICC ALL-STARS

Post by IKE »

What's everyone's thoughts?? Who should be one and who shouldn't be one.
Some people call me the space cowboy, some call me the gangster of love, some people call me Maurice!! Waa Whaaaaaaaaaaaa!
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

My opinion on all star teams now a days: There a joke locally!

My reasons: the gazette and the ICC select way too many players there's no prestige in being on either team!

My solution: Choose 1 First team and 1 second team and honorable mentions for each

ICC: one first team and second team for the whole conference not each division!

Gazette: one first team with on offense 5 lineman, 1qb, 3rb, 2 wr or te not like 7or 8 first teamers from each school! same on defense go by position!

Make the really good atheletes feel like its an accomplishment to be on the all star team!
"I'm your huckleberry"
Frepmister76
Freshman
Freshman

I agree

Post by Frepmister76 »

They should pick 2 of the best players on each team ( doesn't matter if they're senior, junior, or sophmore) and do the samething for 2nd team also.
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

ICC All-Stars as selected by coaches vote are at: http://www.pennswoods.net/~icc/allstars03.htm
noname
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by noname »

I like the way the ICC does it far as picking all stars. If they would pick from just the conference that means 15 schools to chose from. With out a doubt that would be more meaningful just chosing from the 15 schools. BUt lets say you have a total of 7-8 running backs who gain over a 1000yds. Do u give the selections to just 2or 3 of them?? What if a back has less yards then some other running back 1or 2 hundred but he has 5-6 more tds than some than other running backs. All I am saying is some good kids would be left out if u chose from just the 15 schools. I like the system and it rewards kids who deserve some recognition
S Cube
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Post by S Cube »

i agree with southpaw...it almost seems like everyone makes all star teams these days... i also think they should narrow the roster down so that it actually means something to make the team...
noname
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by noname »

Ok some of u are against they way the ICC does it. I agree more prestigous with a ICC conference team. But what would the format be?? Just pick eleven on off and eleven on def?? Then have a second team?? I bring up my last post point. What if u have 7 8 9 backs with a 1000yds or more. Do u just select the kids with the most yardage?? Most yds per carry?? Again what if someone has less yards 5th or 6th highest total and has the gained 1000yds but he has say 7or 8 more tds?? Someone brought up apoint last night also. Not all of us get to see the other kids in the conference play. That is a disadvantage to all the coaches. Sometimes just going by stats is ok BUT coaches have kids that play that if u take them off their team they become a less talented team. With all satrs how i see it is if you take that young person off your team or persons it would probably make u a less talented team.
southpaw
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by southpaw »

my point is that Everett had 10 first team selections?!? what a joke! nothing against Everett they had a decent year but not enough to get ten first team selections.

The ICC must have some former AYSO moms voting demanding equal time and recognition for everybody.

An all star team is the best of the best and that's it. If you have 5 backs with over 1000 yards vote two or three on the first team and the others get to be on the second team!
"I'm your huckleberry"
noname
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by noname »

I think you do bring up a good point lefty. Now coming up with the format is the next step.
Dep
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Dep »

Everett had 10, you are kidding? That is really bad.