Bishop Carroll

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Gunner18
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Gunner18 »

just wanted to know if u guys realize that almost all of the kids that go to BC, have gone to private schools their whole life, its not like they went to a public elementary and jr. high school then transferred when they got to high school....there are a few students that do that, very few for carrol...probly the biggest school for transfers is mccort, they have a bunch of high school transfers...but amazingly, mccort is playing basketball whilst carrol is still puttin the pads on
STRAIGHT
Dep
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Dep »

Just looking at the big picture, please take no offense. Many students that attend nonpublic schools do it for strong religious beliefs and they should have that opportunity. A few do it for the wrong reason, get away with it and it gives all nonpubs a bad wrap.
S Cube
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Post by S Cube »

yes thats true gunner...i forget where i heard it, but i guess every player on carrolls roster this year have gone there since elementary school...so its not like they are picking players from teams in junior high or varsity years...

although on last years team, im pretty sure that corey and ryan byich attended blacklick valley until 8th or 9th grade then headed off to bishop carroll...
Sports999
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Sports999 »

BC does recruit, but they don't get most of the kids that they talk to. You are kidding yourself if you think that they have not tried to get some of the top notch atheletes in the area over the past decade or so. I know this from first hand experience.
S Cube
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Post by S Cube »

sports999...im sure they do try to recruit...but im just stating that this years version is actually home grown...well sort of…
Dep
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Dep »

But it is a tribute that both BC and CC are both pretty good.
Sports999
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Sports999 »

Do you realize how good CC would be if there were no BC? Kids like Koenig, Forcellini, Westrick, the Lauers, Day and the likes would all go to CC along with their current kids. I think a different team from Ebensburg would be playing this weekend if there was no BC.
Dep
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Dep »

You are right, but they would be AAA or AAAA?
Superfan
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Superfan »

Sports999 not all those guys would be at CC, some are from other districts. But good point :!: Because of BC there are more kids playing sports at all schools that's what its all about. Without BC there would be 40 or more kids doing nothing.
Dep
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Dep »

Good counter point.