Saturday Scoreboard 2-23-19

Hardwood chatter
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Saturday Scoreboard 2-23-19

Post by CCDevil2012 »

BasketballFan12345 wrote:BC is really dominant hahah... Cam Collins is the best player in d6. No debate
Yea, he looked noticeably better too after the Mcdannell injury. I’d take Ruggery over Collins 
BasketballFan12345
Freshman
Freshman

Post by BasketballFan12345 »

Collins was throwing dimes the entire time McDannell was in but Jv was sluggish in the first half and couldn’t get anything to go. Also, Ertter was the one guarding Collins too btw the entire game. Also, Collins cooked Ruggery last year but bg just had a solid all around team that propelled them to beat Jv
BasketballFan12345
Freshman
Freshman

Also to add on, every team face guards or doubles Collins and he still goes for 20 like every game...
SFB14
Senior
Senior

Post by SFB14 »

BasketballFan12345 wrote:Collins was throwing dimes the entire time McDannell was in but Jv was sluggish in the first half and couldn’t get anything to go. Also, Ertter was the one guarding Collins too btw the entire game. Also, Collins cooked Ruggery last year but bg just had a solid all around team that propelled them to beat Jv
Cam Collins is a very good player, take nothing away from him, but you sound like a relative. I was at that game last year when JV & BG played, and I don't remember how many Ruggery had in the game but I'd be willing to bet it was over 25 on probably half the shots. I've got no horse in the race but I will go with the opinions of people who are truly unbiased, college coaches. You can talk all you want but one guy has a D1 full ride (had other offers, not to mention being voted first team all state in a higher classification, and being voted by area coaches/media as the Mirror player of the year) and the other doesn't.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but facts are facts. I'm not trying to take anything from Collins but until he can get a D1 or even D2 scholarship then I'll trust the guys whose very jobs depend on evaluating who is talented enough to help them, decide who are the best players.  I also can make the same argument for the big kid (don't want to mis-spell his name) from LV. He's got a D2 ride, so he must be pretty good as well. Calling someone the flat out best player in the district and there can be no argument, well it's a little silly when some actual facts become part of the debate.
BasketballFan12345
Freshman
Freshman

Another angry LHAC fan mad that an LHAC team wasn’t able to get the job done smh. I’m curious how many people on this site criticize/make excuses for teams in a game they didn’t even see. Just saying JV, looked better in every asset of the game except the first quarter which happened to be when McDannell was in, but what the people won’t tell you trying to make excuses for BC is that Jv started slow and missed probably 6 easy layups in the first quarter due to nerves and never playing in the D6 ship. But you say what you want. I’ll take Collins anyday.
BasketballFan12345
Freshman
Freshman

Also I’m not biased for the ICC either and I’m not from Jv either. I got BG by 20+ tonight over west branch
SFB14
Senior
Senior

Post by SFB14 »

BasketballFan12345 wrote:Another angry LHAC fan mad that an LHAC team wasn’t able to get the job done smh. I’m curious how many people on this site criticize/make excuses for teams in a game they didn’t even see. Just saying JV, looked better in every asset of the game except the first quarter which happened to be when McDannell was in, but what the people won’t tell you trying to make excuses for BC is that Jv started slow and missed probably 6 easy layups in the first quarter due to nerves and never playing in the D6 ship. But you say what you want. I’ll take Collins anyday.
Not angry at all. I have no reason to be a "fan" of any conference. Congratulations to JV on a hard fought win. I'm not making any excuses for BC. You have to play the teams on your schedule with the players you have. Any win or loss is usually the result of who earned it that night, and the Hornets earned the District 6 A title last night. Good for their players and coaches. They have a right to be very proud of what they've accomplished.
All I was doing was adding facts to a debate you thought you settled with your opinion. If you'd take Collins that's great, he's a hell of a player. I was just pointing out the there is a debate and very good reasons to take other players, everywhere outside of your opinion.
BasketballFan12345
Freshman
Freshman

Touché, we’ll see over the spring/summer what Collins does and chooses. Should be somewhere nice I’m assuming and he’d fit in well. I got a question though. Will the younger Ruggedy be better than the older one?
SFB14
Senior
Senior

Post by SFB14 »

BasketballFan12345 wrote:Touché, we’ll see over the spring/summer what Collins does and chooses. Should be somewhere nice I’m assuming and he’d fit in well. I got a question though. Will the younger Ruggedy be better than the older one?
I don't know the Collins kid at all. I wish him the very best and hope he gets a look somewhere on a scholarship level. I always root for area kids. As for your second question, it'll be hard for him to surpass what his brother has done but he's a great shooter and has had a very good year. This is his first year as a starter so he'll need to have a good off-season. BG is actually a young team that only has one senior (the older Ruggery) who plays a lot. It'll be interesting to see if the younger one steps up to fill his shoes next year.
BasketballFan12345
Freshman
Freshman

I’ve seen him playing AAU and stuff and that’s about it. Really good shooter and looked like a good ball handler. So it’ll be interesting to see his development. Got to be some fun family friendly competition in that family between the brothers. They’ll be very good the next few years and i don’t know if anyone in AA will stop them