Thursday Scoreboard 2-28-19

Hardwood chatter
D6ball
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Thursday Scoreboard 2-28-19

Post by D6ball »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:https://tribhssn.triblive.com/broadcast ... 019-video/

Forest Hills gets the loser of this game, Bellwood gets the winner if anyone cares to watch.
Former Bishop McCort state champion Lisa Mikula Paschall’s son Jackson is one of the leading scorers for North Catholic
Bballfan45
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Bballfan45 »

wpbc wrote:Based on the 1st four minutes of this game and what I saw against Richland I don't see FH beating either one of these teams.
I guess that’s why they play the game !!
FunFacts
Junior
Junior

Post by FunFacts »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Bishop Guilfoyle 83
West Branch 35
Not surprised but still crazy that is a district final score. 
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

FunFacts wrote:
West Branch 35
Yet many don't understand -why- parochials , privates, and charters should be playing up a couple classes.
It ain't over until it's over.
D6sportsfan8819
Freshman
Freshman

Post by D6sportsfan8819 »

Those margins of victory had nothing to do with the fact that any of those teams couldn’t handle a basketball I suppose.
deepcreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by deepcreek »

I've always felt there is an easy way to fix this.  Weight beating someone in a lower class size at a factor.  Meaning in football for example, if you play and beat someone in a class below you, it is only worth 95, not 100 points, 2 classed below 90 and so forth.  Therefore, if you play teams below your class size it properly reflects in playoffs.  How it helps here, is other conference teams would not want that penalty and would pressure private schools to play up to at least the size of the schools in the conference.   Large schools playing in a small school conference would be forced to go out or they would just have to accept lower playoff seeds that would reflect the easier path they have taken.  Simple change and nature would take its course.   
deepcreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by deepcreek »

I do realize this would not help the WPIAL and districts that group solely on size factors and not geographic locations. So I guess it isnt perfect either.
SFB14
Senior
Senior

Post by SFB14 »

Manfred wrote:
FunFacts wrote:
West Branch 35
Yet many don't understand -why- parochials , privates, and charters should be playing up a couple classes.
Good thing Juniata Valley basketball and football (and Homer Center football last year) didn’t have that mentality. Otherwise, they’d have lost District title games before they were ever played. 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Honest question, under the old four class system, would West Branch even be a state qualifier?

I'm pretty sure McCort and Penns Manor wouldn't be among the other AA teams out of D6.
BasketballFan12345
Freshman
Freshman

Post by BasketballFan12345 »

West branch is not good at all... the fact they made states shows how weak D6 AA was this year aside from BG. Saw the head coach was making remarks in the news how it’s hard beating catholic schools. All of BGs basketball player except for maybe one or two have grew up in the BG school systems. They just work a lot harder than everybody else in the class. West branch has one kid that can handle the ball decently to good. The rest... idk if some of them can dribble with their non dominant hand. The WB team a few years ago with Krise, Trude and then was legit and would’ve beaten this WB team by 50 as well