Richland/Westmont

Hardwood chatter
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Richland/Westmont

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Richland defeated Westmont last night to lock up the fourth seed in tonight’s LHAC playoffs. This morning Richland had to forfeit last night’s win. The coach was given two technicals during the JV game and coached the varsity game which is illegal.

Bedford was alerted this morning that it will play at Bishop Guilfoyle tonight since they slide past Richland in the LHAC standings.

Not to it matters much, but Richland falls to the 3 seed in the District 6 playoffs while Westmont now jumps them to the 2 seed.
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: Richland/Westmont

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

What's more embarrassing-having to forfeit a game or receiving 2 Ts in a JV game?
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Nothing like the punishment of players at the hands of adults.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

This is a great life lesson to players on the rams team. Sometimes your life gets effected because your leaders make bad decisions or dont follow rules.
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

This has been a rule forever. First off, how much of a clown do you have to be to get ejected from a JV basketball game. Secondly, how didn't any of the other coaches, administrators, or game officials realize this before or during the game.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

I would think everyone cared more about the varsity game so nobody probably put much thought into it.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
BigSkyCountry
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by BigSkyCountry »

I was not present at this contest. From my gathering the first technical revolves around the official telling the coach that he had to remove an obnoxious spectator from the event. If true, it’s not the coaches job to remove anyone from an event. That is the job of the AD, game manager or administration once the official has brought the situation to their attention. I have seen it done by the official as well. Never in my spectator career have I seen a coach remove or approached by an official and be told to remove a spectator. If this is true, I would be fuming if I were a Richland fan. Something doesn’t seem right. Granted, I could have received poor second hand information. At the same time, when you are ejected, your ejected. Nobody can grant an individuals reentry once it occurs.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Do people still wonder why we have a shortage of officials? A coach, who’s not even coaching the game in question, gets himself ejected from a JV game?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

BigSkyCountry wrote: February 13th, 2020, 5:01 pm I was not present at this contest. From my gathering the first technical revolves around the official telling the coach that he had to remove an obnoxious spectator from the event. If true, it’s not the coaches job to remove anyone from an event. That is the job of the AD, game manager or administration once the official has brought the situation to their attention. I have seen it done by the official as well. Never in my spectator career have I seen a coach remove or approached by an official and be told to remove a spectator. If this is true, I would be fuming if I were a Richland fan. Something doesn’t seem right. Granted, I could have received poor second hand information. At the same time, when you are ejected, your ejected. Nobody can grant an individuals reentry once it occurs.
That’s not what I heard. It sounded like the PIAA officials said he would be fine to coach the second game, so they gave him bad information.
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

I have a hard time feeling bad for anyone ejected from a high school sporting event. Not many situations could justify an ejection either.