Holy Hoopers

Hardwood chatter
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Holy Hoopers

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

I went to the BG Penns Manor game last night. Stayed for the portage BG game as well. I will say BG fans have 0 class. Belittling their opponent all game. Trash talking kids. Saying how they were far the superior team, in both games. The BG boys team had mouths like sailors. Just terrible game imo. Hopefully they win their first round game and then get bumped to 3A next year.
upnorth
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by upnorth »

hornets69 wrote: February 28th, 2020, 1:01 pm Did he play football this year ? is he in the basketball playoffs? INTERESTING.
Yes, he played football at Kiski Prep and transferred back to LV for basketball, but was barred from the playoffs. So, if you're keeping score, he transferred from United to LV to Kiski Prep to LV in the span of about 5 months.
upnorth
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by upnorth »

konjo78 wrote: February 28th, 2020, 1:09 pm
GoldenRamsFAN wrote: February 28th, 2020, 1:04 pm I wasn’t aware there were charter schools in D5 orD6...
There are not. I just see people voicing their support for BG/BC/BM with reasonable points but I would just hate to see those same people condemn another school later on for doing the thing they praised these other schools for
Are you referring to charter schools or Juniata Valley girls basketball or both? Where's the outrage on behalf of the tiny community of Williamsburg when JV assembles an AAU all-star team and goes on a multi-year tear?
Lionspride
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Lionspride »

upnorth wrote: February 28th, 2020, 8:06 pm
konjo78 wrote: February 28th, 2020, 1:09 pm
GoldenRamsFAN wrote: February 28th, 2020, 1:04 pm I wasn’t aware there were charter schools in D5 orD6...
There are not. I just see people voicing their support for BG/BC/BM with reasonable points but I would just hate to see those same people condemn another school later on for doing the thing they praised these other schools for
Are you referring to charter schools or Juniata Valley girls basketball or both? Where's the outrage on behalf of the tiny community of Williamsburg when JV assembles an AAU all-star team and goes on a multi-year tear?
Hardly tearing it up! ZERO ICC north titles, ZERO ICC championships , 1 A d6 title , ZERO state titles. And an early exit this year. If you listen closely, you can hear the student section chanting “OVERRATED!” 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 “ OVERRATED!” 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

5 of 6 WPIAL A playoff teams are private, I see Sankofa Freedom Academy (last year's champ) is back after going 8-14 this year. They're another good private that plays much larger schools all year, but then jumps in A playoffs with a losing record with possible games ahead we could see the "Cinderella" story of a state champ with a losing record...hah!
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Commodore Perry is in at 3-20? They beat 9-15 Jamestown to get in.
CRUSHER92
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by CRUSHER92 »

Jamestown’s best player died before the District championship.
https://www.wfmj.com/story/41712400/jam ... f-teammate
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Holy Hoopers

Post by ERAChamp »

CRUSHER92 wrote: March 2nd, 2020, 10:38 am Jamestown’s best player died before the District championship.
https://www.wfmj.com/story/41712400/jam ... f-teammate
WOW, if that doesn't put things into perspective, I don't know what will!! Thoughts and prayers to that community & family - devastating news.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Good Lord, that would be tough to play through. Such a terrible loss.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

They will play FOR him & his memory, not in spite of not having him. Much the same as Izzy Britt's teammates are carrying the mail for Izzy.
It ain't over until it's over.