Basketball favorites

Hardwood chatter
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Basketball favorites

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Kudos to Berlin for going out and building a very tough non-conference schedule. In an age when schools are more likely to move classifications to avoid competition, it is refreshing to see a school challenge itself. It will benefit the kids in many ways, even beyond sports.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Colonel Mustard wrote: January 27th, 2021, 10:00 am Kudos to Berlin for going out and building a very tough non-conference schedule. In an age when schools are more likely to move classifications to avoid competition, it is refreshing to see a school challenge itself. It will benefit the kids in many ways, even beyond sports.
Can't say enough good things about the coaches, program, all involved. Bishop Guilfoyle and Greensburg CC are left on the non-conference schedule. Just a great thing to see. and great to watch from home on NFHS
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Basketball favorites

Post by ERAChamp »

I agree with both of you - good for them - they appear to be picking up right where they left off last year.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Yep, I've always been a fan of stepping outside and playing out of your comfort zone in the non-conference. No real reason not to if you can make it work. Generally a WPIAL 6A school isn't going to give a 1A school from District 5 the time of day, but I'm glad they worked a few of those type of games out this year.

When Berlin gets to the state playoffs, they'll have played every style of team they can possibly face on this end of the state, so nothing should surprise them. That's what you should try to do.
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

If this was the case, the LHAC, in their opinion, should be bringing home 4 state trophy's a year, in both girls and boys, for a total of 8.

You either have the horses or you don't.

For Berlin, I am rooting for Joe Public, lets just hope they don't meet Joe Private too early in the dance.
Thanks!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

You only play a tough non-conference schedule if you do have the horses, so good on Berlin to recognize that. Prosser has the right group for it this year. They're the best team in the West for Single-A. Once you get to Hershey and play a Philadelphia team, well that's hard to simulate around here.