Basketball favorites

Hardwood chatter
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Basketball favorites

Post by Colonel Mustard »

When exactly was Johnstown just a 'decent' team? Outside of the 'daddy-ball' years under Rich Price, they have been very good. Give Durham credit, but Johnstown has been a strong program for a long time.
Lionjacket
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Lionjacket »

Colonel Mustard wrote: January 8th, 2021, 3:18 pm When exactly was Johnstown just a 'decent' team? Outside of the 'daddy-ball' years under Rich Price, they have been very good. Give Durham credit, but Johnstown has been a strong program for a long time.
I would definitely say that under Rich Price they were an average team. But I don’t necessarily consider success in this area (LHAC and even D6) to make them a great team. They are by far the largest school in the league, and they have never had many teams to compete against in the D6 playoffs. Also, until the last several years, they wasn’t a large amount of effort put into the elementary program, which makes it hard to build a great program. This will be the first year that Durham will have only players that he has coached at the varsity level, which I think will make a difference as well.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Lionjacket wrote: January 7th, 2021, 8:18 pm My thoughts on the LHAC:

Central Cambria: Central Cambria is a team that will have to replace a lot of offensive firepower from last year’s team, as they lost several good seniors. From what I have seen, they do have some young talent (Hobbs Dill, Nate Wyrwas, Will Westrick, and Kevin Orange), and a very good coach. Unfortunately, I think they are going to have another tough go of it in Ebensburg.
CC only had 3 seniors last year, 1 of which who started in Ben Young. But he was a nice little point guard
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Mon. nt. Lady Rangers host Lady Marauders in what could be the early season 'GOTY'.
It ain't over until it's over.
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Post by ERAChamp »

Manfred wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 6:30 pm Mon. nt. Lady Rangers host Lady Marauders in what could be the early season 'GOTY'.
Agreed - will be interesting to see FH's outside game vs BG's inside game. Both teams are VERY good.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Scores, anyone? The damned YouTube feed died before the start of the 4th with the Lady Rangers leading 40-to 20-something.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

67-55 FH
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Crimson's Ghost wrote: January 25th, 2021, 9:12 pm 67-55 FH
Thx. Now, if the local news/sports could give a rundown of scores, like they used to in the old days (pre-2015?), since there is no dang newspaper on Tuesdays.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

The very first thing on the WJAC sports section:

https://wjactv.com/fanzone/conemaugh-va ... l-of-hoops
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Crimson's Ghost wrote: January 26th, 2021, 8:24 am The very first thing on the WJAC sports section:

https://wjactv.com/fanzone/conemaugh-va ... l-of-hoops
In the interest of clarity of my previous post, I was referring to running down other scores there were at least a dozen other area games going on last night. Amazed they could even find their way to Sidman.