BG boys

Hardwood chatter
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

BG boys

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Anyone know why BG is playing 3A this year. By choice, or were they forced to through that new transfer/success formula? I assume by choice since they haven't won states in boys bball.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: BG boys

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

No, they were forced to. Not sure jumping classes would be an easier road anyway. In boys basketball, you have to be an outstanding team to win a state title to come from District 6 and the path is generally the same for AA and AAA, WPIAL and if you survive that - a Philly team in Hershey.

Taken from the Altoona Mirror in May:

“Rules are rules. I have always said if they move us up, they move us up,” Drenning said. “I don’t see us appealing it.”
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

BG boys

Post by ERAChamp »

What is the rule about being forced to move up? And does it apply to both boys and girls?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

It applies to boys and girls, and football. Not sure of the parameters. Bellwood-Antis girls were subject to move up, but I guess it got reversed since they played AA this season. I think in the case of football, Aliquippa played AAAA football this year. The weird thing is, Aliquippa is A, voluntarily play AAA anyway and the rule forced them into AAAA.
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:It applies to boys and girls, and football. Not sure of the parameters. Bellwood-Antis girls were subject to move up, but I guess it got reversed since they played AA this season. I think in the case of football, Aliquippa played AAAA football this year. The weird thing is, Aliquippa is A, voluntarily play AAA anyway and the rule forced them into AAAA.
If I remember right, the Bellwood girls were going to have to play up because of a transfer student. They appealed because the girl had been in the district since elementary school. It was a mistake and they won the appeal moving them back to AA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awdhaemel
Senior
Senior

Post by Awdhaemel »

Here are PIAA competition rules, I believe BG had 1 transfer and success pts. The last cycle, so they were forced to move up a class.
Attachments
2020-21 Competition Classification Formula - September 28 2019.pdf
(197.85 KiB) Downloaded 51 times