Championship @ CC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: LHAC Playoffs

Post by Colonel Mustard »

These are some good match-ups. I have to question CC as the championship site. The Heritage played theirs at the K Center at IUP. The LHAC can't find a better site than CC? St. Francis, The Mount, heck FH nice new gym a few minutes away would have been better.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

They usually just pick a conference gym that isn't included in the playoffs. Forest Hills girls will probably be in the championship on Saturday. Richland is usually the best spot for it within the conference.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Colonel Mustard wrote: February 16th, 2022, 8:24 am These are some good match-ups. I have to question CC as the championship site. The Heritage played theirs at the K Center at IUP. The LHAC can't find a better site than CC? St. Francis, The Mount, heck FH nice new gym a few minutes away would have been better.
Richland is better, IMO, than CC. It's all about the $$$. FH can only handle 1,000 fans WITH the extra fieldhouse bleachers moved into the end court areas. It was packed a few years ago when they hosted a single-A playoff game. The locals will go to the games regardless of who is playing because they are fans of the SPORT, not just their local team. Mt. Aloysius is a great place too, but probably too much $$. UPJ is busy with their teams still playing, and hosting D5 playoffs. Where else? The WAR Memorial?
It ain't over until it's over.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

The West Pac is using UPJ. CC was a good playoff site 30 years ago. You either climb over people to sit in the rafters on one side or climb over the teams to sit in the four rows of seats on the other side. LHAC has to do better, especially if they are trying to woo teams into a super conference. Could it be that since the head of the LHAC is at a school that has very little success that something like this is oveooked?
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

CC’s gym holds 1,200 I believe and I would be surprised if it’s full on Saturday. I’d say it has way better lighting than the Mount. I didn’t think the mount was allowing events because of covid
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

CC has hosted triple-headers in the past, and thats 1 game too many! Note Sat. will be a girls' game first, then they boys. It -WILL- be like sardines in there. Same as it ever was.
It ain't over until it's over.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

I'm not sure lighting attracts the casual fan. Or waiting in line at halftime to use one of three toilets. The LHAC should do better. Sorry Devil, no offense intended.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

The LHAC can always move a few thousands of feet down 422 to Bishop Carroll. Is Johnstown’s West Side Elementary gym still used for anything?
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Colonel Mustard wrote: February 16th, 2022, 8:59 pm I'm not sure lighting attracts the casual fan. Or waiting in line at halftime to use one of three toilets. The LHAC should do better. Sorry Devil, no offense intended.
None taken, I personally don’t care where the game is played, but I do enjoy the playoff atmosphere at CC compared to other gyms. If I’m an athlete I’d rather play in a packed gym that is loud than a half filled larger gym like Hollisdaysburg, even if the attendance is the same in each.